Murray McMurray?

I ordered my first chicks from MM 1 year ago. I would order from them again. I have also bought birds from Meyers. THese are hatchery birds which are not usually the same a heritage or other lines that only dedicated poultry breeders have. THese birds are much larger than hatchery birds.

I know they CAN ship to anywhere in continental US, but I wanted to check if that could be harmful to the chicks.

I live in Massachusetts and I've ordered from them twice and haven't had any problems with the chicks....they all survived. I'm in south central MA and the first time I ordered, they came a day earlier than I was expecting them. They were supposed to come on a Monday but when they arrived, on Sunday, at the big post office in Shrewsbury they called me and offered to have someone drive them out to me right away!!

I live in MA, so I was going to hold off until maybe April. Is that a good time?

My first batch of chicks arrived in early March but it was still sort of cold out when I was ready to put them outside. My second batch arrived in April and it was a perfect time. Those few weeks made such a difference.

Well..... here's my McMurray experience: I have ordered chicks from them the past 2 years with no problems whatsoever HOWEVER...... Last year I ordered turkeys several months in advance. I took the time to build a new pen for them and get everything ready. The week they were to ship, McMurray called me and told me they had cancelled my order due to "problems" at the hatchery. They would not substitute anything either. They told me all I could do was resubmit my order, but that with the long wait list they wouldn't have anything available for several months. I asked them for ANY turkeys..... I asked them to hold my order open and send me whatever they had available, WHEN it became available.... just keep me on the waiting list, please!

"Nope..... Your order has been cancelled, have a nice day, sir. ".... click......

This was the last time I will EVER try to order anything from them.

Good luck!

Jeff

I ordered my 1st 4 day olds from My Pet Chicken who uses Murray Mcmuray . When my order didn't show up as expected I called & was referred to them. Seems like there was a problem with my min order and my PO, so they were waiting to hear from me. They immediately sent out my order and also confirmed that my EE was from a blue egg.All have survived, are healthy and laying well. My leghorn is friendly when they are not noted for this. My next batch came from a breeder who could not sex but I was still very happy with them. It is nice to have them sexed and them you don;t have to worry about culling.The only thing about ordering from a hatchery is the shipping is a little pricey.

Back
Top Bottom