Muscovy duck

Nicole34

Hatching
Dec 6, 2019
Hello I am a duck momma and my little girl is injured. I thought she got hit by a car but dont know for sure if it was a car or the neighbor dog. Its obvious her leg is broke in a few spots she is able to hop alittle but not much. The first day it happened she was terrible she had wheezing and gurgling so bad i thought she was for sure going to pass. I sat with her hours and hours she pulled through the night. I made her a cast but it didnt last. We are on day 3 and she is still with us. I put her in a seperate cage bc my other female was being rough with her. I feel bad her whole leg is swollen. She is eating drinking and pooping. And suggestions ? Do i take her out every day, should i not mover her much? Sugar water ? No broken wings but sometimes when she moves i hear the wheeze or gurggle alittle still. I love my babies.

I cant afford the vet. Im trying everything i can at home but all of my savings was just used for shelter for my family bc of unfortunate circumstances. This has not been our year.

Back
Top Bottom