kflanagin

In the Brooder
Mar 17, 2015
Hi guys, I have 5 Muscovy ducks. Four of them hatched on st Patrick’s day this year 2 boys and 2 girls and they have not started laying. They’re fully mature and have keen “mating” for more than a month but I haven’t seen eggs ANYWHERE! They have their coop and a large run attached with a dog house in the run as added day shelter/nest and get locked in their coop every night. The 5th Duck is their Mom that hatChed them. We separated her from
Her ducklings were 3 months old and a month later she became broody in two eggs that were not fertile so we waited and swapped them out with two new ducklings at “hatch day” but she was not interested. Since then no eggs from her What could be the issue? Why are the hens not laying?? I’m on the verge of selling them since we want eggs or ducklings and we’re obviously not getting either. Attached are pictures of these feathered frustrations. All dark ‘black’ are boys. I love these guys and their personality but we’re feeding bottomless pits with no eggs or babies. HELP! :barnie

A46339D5-A9B0-4596-B452-163BC6C26595.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom