Muscovy egg incubation

Day 24 for the Muscovy eggs. All 11 are still looking great!

Day 20 for the Welsh Harlequin eggs.
Had 3 quiters.... Down to 7 from the original 23....

1 infertile, 3 quiters, and 12 crushed by my neighbor's son.

I hope at least a few of them hatch.

3 pips. The suspense is killing me. I was anxious to see if they were doing OK, because I am a nervous mom and I hadn't seen the eggs move in a while. So, knowing. I can't open the incubator, I found a sound clip of ducklings peeping and played it near the incubator. Sure enough, my eggs started rocking and rolling! Guess everyone is doing OK!

Last edited:
My eggs were still and quiet this morning. One had started to zip last night and there was no progress this morning. I didn't hear anything in the egg and it wasn't moving. So I took it out and started to peel off the shell. It was horribly shrink wrapped! Looked like someone put it in one of those freezer bags and sucked all the air out! I peeled back some of the membrane and it took a deep breath!

I immediately started assisting the other eggs. It looks like I will have 3 that will pull through. One that might make it, but it was a bleeder and lost quite a bit of blood, so it's not looking good. The others 3 were dead in she'll :(

My hydrometer said they were at 75% humidity. I'm mad that it was so wrong. I really hope the 3 (4) babies will pull through.

Three are half out and resting. The bleeder, I stopped as soon as I saw blood. So the only thing I know for sure is it can breath.

So sad.

Hopefully the Muscovy eggs will be OK if I keep the humidity up. They're due in 4 days.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom