Muscovy owners!

i cant wait to get some of these guys! do you think i would have any luck finding them at tractor supply this coming spring?
Like everyone else I've never seen a muscovy at TSC, I've actually seen any ducks in TSC just an empty bin of Pekins. I've gotten mine at farm swaps and most recently, local, same state, facebook chicken groups. The woman I got my chicken hatching eggs also sold me chick's, ducklings and the three ducks I posted earlier. I'm sure you can find a breeder near you. Good luck finding some!

I’ve wanted muscovies for years but I could never find any in my area for sale. On Friday I finally found a breeder and picked up a couple of culls for $10 each. I got a 4 month old female and an 8 month old drake.
d9c1a2ae-1a6d-4b6f-ae54-b147f67f83b8-jpeg.1545249
Here’s my duck, Maribel. She’s very skittish and mainly spends time with the mallards. She’s from a pied breeding program but she was going to be culled because she has some brown feathers.
e59c155e-f274-438f-92a4-0352350ebe94-jpeg.1545247
This is Mortimer. He’s pretty tolerant of people and sometimes he’ll eat from your hand, but he doesn’t like being held. He usually hangs out with the geese or by himself. He’s a blue fawn but he was going to be culled because of the amount of white on his breast.
So far I like them a lot more than mallards. They eat less, poop less, and they’re prettier and more sociable in my opinion.

Welcome to Muscovy club. They get under your skin and straight to your heart right quick. They also multiply faster than you think. I started with 5 at first. Then someone gave me another female because it was the only Muscovy they had. Two weeks later l came home with a mom and 10 ducklings. I found a home for a drake duckling and 3 of his sisters at 7 weeks old. Then a week later l was given another 8 week old duck. Like l said, they multiply quickly. Enjoy!!:wee

Welcome to Muscovy club. They get under your skin and straight to your heart right quick. They also multiply faster than you think. I started with 5 at first. Then someone gave me another female because it was the only Muscovy they had. Two weeks later l came home with a mom and 10 ducklings. I found a home for a drake duckling and 3 of his sisters at 7 weeks old. Then a week later l was given another 8 week old duck. Like l said, they multiply quickly. Enjoy!!:wee

They definitely can! We started with an old drake, got him a female friend and she then hatched a batch of 15 ducklings! :p

Back
Top Bottom