Mushroom foragers

Pics
I am not sure, they have an oystery look to them, Did they smell like Anise?

They are real close to the ground for oysters but there are so many different varieties, I think. :confused:
The oysters that I have found have the gills running the whole way to the roots. Those while they have lengthy gills look like they have a visible stem. They look very much like the ones I found under my crabapple tree which I never did identify.

They look like puffballs but becareful with them. They need to be marshmellow white inside with no hint of a stem or a top.(like a normal mushroom. They are great, but must be cooked to eat.

They should have a mesh or net pattern on the outside, those are getting to the almost too brown to eat stage for the ones I have here.

I was super careful. Pulled out my trusty local foraging book, then double checked on Google. No hint of cap or stem, whiter than white interior. Sauteed with butter then stuck them in scrambled eggs.

I am sorry to hear you died..RIP...:lau:lau

I have never spore printed an oyster are they white? ( being too lazy to look it up)
The oysters that I spore printed were like a light beige. The book says they can be from white to pale lilac or lilac gray. I am on a liquid diet right now so I didn't pull any of the Shaggy Manes I found tonight.

I looked up and saw this on a tree in our yard. I used the flash on my phone when I took the pic and it appears to have green mold look. Without the flash it's a dark chocolate almost black. Any ideas? I've never seen this here before.
KIMG1187.JPG
KIMG1185.JPG

Back
Top Bottom