Mushroom foragers

Pics
Last year was my first ever experience with home grown mushrooms. I did some Wine Caps that were ?seeded in sawdust. Some one please correct my terminology. It was about a 1 gal bag. I kept some and gave some away. The spores were put into my orchard and garden in the BTE mixed hard/soft wood aged chips. I got a few hand fulls of them, saved a few mushroom prints in the fridge in hopes of starting some new patches. Any one have advice for me? Can I use the prints to start new areas? And will the original areas produce more? I did let several of them mature and decompose. I intend to plant some spinach/greens over the initial wine cap bed in the garden to help it stay moist and shaded. Pole beans shaded the area last season.

Last year was my first ever experience with home grown mushrooms. I did some Wine Caps that were ?seeded in sawdust. Some one please correct my terminology. It was about a 1 gal bag. I kept some and gave some away. The spores were put into my orchard and garden in the BTE mixed hard/soft wood aged chips. I got a few hand fulls of them, saved a few mushroom prints in the fridge in hopes of starting some new patches. Any one have advice for me? Can I use the prints to start new areas? And will the original areas produce more? I did let several of them mature and decompose. I intend to plant some spinach/greens over the initial wine cap bed in the garden to help it stay moist and shaded. Pole beans shaded the area last season.

I will give you the benefit of all my knowledge on planting Mushrooms:

:idunno:idunno:idunno:idunno:idunno:idunno:idunno:idunno:idunno

And that's even pushing my knowledge base.....Sorry

That's 9x more than I know.

I have done the Jerry thing,. thrown spore filled water in and under trees and "planted" the left over parts from cleaning and trimming the wild ones...

Also I have been reading more on Shrimp mushrooms, I had so many in early September, the woods along side the house has tons of them, I picked 4 gallons or so. in about 20 minutes.

The reading says they are mutated or corrupted honey mushrooms. I see mushrooms out there all the time, but I am not sure what a honey mushroom is...

Anyone want to stop by and ID them, or try some if I send them to you....let me know in a few weeks if you lived, after eating them?

Back
Top Bottom