Mushroom foragers

Time to restart the thread for the season, some of you must have shrooms by now...

I found some Ostrich ferns yesterday but no fiddle heads yet
I found some today that the turkeys dug up. No idea what they are or if they are edible but they look tasty. I have one working on a spore print now.

My dead elm tree is sprouting more oyster mushrooms but they are too small to bother with so far.

I wish I could take you shroom smart folks with me on a walk about. I'm sure i've got some good shrooms out here, just not smart enough to know what's good.
Feed them to your spouse... if she feels fine tomorrow they are good to eat..

It is a tried and true way to check them....
:lau:lau:gig:gig

Disclsimer; if you are dumb enough to do this and she dies which means you spend the rest of your days behind bars.. no one else is responsible but you...this disclsimer is required because not everyone has a sense of humor.

Feed them to your spouse... if she feels fine tomorrow they are good to eat..

It is a tried and true way to check them....
:lau:lau:gig:gig

Disclsimer; if you are dumb enough to do this and she dies which means you spend the rest of your days behind bars.. no one else is responsible but you...this disclsimer is required because not everyone has a sense of humor.
:yuckyuck:gig:lau:gig:lau:yuckyuck

Not quite ready yet...
51DCF06F-3D90-4F46-8612-076A522C0218.jpeg
77D927CE-FCF6-4CD4-879C-F0A0E7982838.jpeg
B7A592BA-DA60-4B54-B0E6-64F38D2062D3.jpeg

I had a bunch of these come up under my crabapple tree. I have now idea what they are and my attempt at getting a spore print ended up with a big batch of fly grubs.

full

full

full

full

Tiny oyster mushrooms (about 1" wide)
full

There are bigger ones at the bottom of the tree that should be ready any day now.

Back
Top Bottom