My 14 week old chicken sophia Laid an egg today

AmyTx101

Chirping
10 Years
Jul 11, 2012
My 14 week old chicken sophia Laid an egg today it was shocking because i didnt think she was old enough.. its tiny compared to my rhode island reds who started laying 2 weeks ago and there laying everyday is that normal for them too i already have 18 eggs..

problem is i have 4 10 weekers learning to crow all in the same pen because i thought we had some time.she is a non frizzler she frizzled as a baby and has feathered feet and everyone here told me she was a rooster but she popped an egg out today.. she is the only one out there with a vent that could possibly pass an egg...my other babies are 10 weeks old..
isnt this early for her??

That is kinda early for a pullet to lay, but hey, she's on the ball!

she is but mr fancypants keep trying to mount her...if she lays an egg and i retrieve it if i put it in the refridgerator will it remain an egg or is it fertilized.. dumb question lol..thats Mr. Fancypants he crows all the time but its the juvenile crow not too loud either

A fertile egg placed in a fridge will not develop into a chick. The egg is safe to eat.

Cute frizzle!

wee.gif
way to go little girl.....

Last edited:
That is a little early but roll with it. Mines first eggs were very small too. They will slowly start to get bigger. I remember the commotion mine made the first full sized egg they laid.

Back
Top Bottom