My 3 mo old hens look like an old Englishman lol.

CockadoodleMimi

Chirping
6 Years
Apr 26, 2013
Michigan

What breed are these? They are very sweet and sociable but they have puffy feathers on their cheeks right under their eyes. They are twice as big as my pullets which are all the same age.

Last edited:
I have a question for ya
big_smile.png
At what age do you introduce the younger hens with the older ones? My babies will be 3 mos old in June and I have 2 older hens that I've tried to integrate in the new run we built. I understand the older ones will try to establish a pecking order with the babies but after 5 days of putting them together I have one older hen that insists on being a bully and stalks the babies everywhere they go. She's even yanked out feathers and the babies are afraid to come out of the corner because of her. We took the bully out and put her by herself now the other older hen has been cooping up with the babies at night, but she makes it known she's not happy about it. I guess my question is, how long before they all become one flock? I'll get rid of the problem hen if I have to since she eggs the other one on (no pun intended) lol, and I think she's just about done laying anyways.

Any advice is appreciated!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom