My 4 year old son had a squshy tick in his head!!

I agree that it's probably a regular tick, engorged on blood. Removing it immediately, getting out the head and all is the very first thing to do.

I almost died from a deer tick bite last year. Instead of becoming Lyme Disease, it mutated into Lyme Meninigitis. It's very rare (.04% of cases).

Bottom line, it sounds like it may be a harmless tick bite, but:

1) Keep the tick
2) Watch the area of the bite, but don't go on that alone - 25% of all deer tick bites infecting with Lymes do not develop the "bullseye" ring.
3) Watch your son's behavior and symptoms. If your questioning anything, see a doctor. Sometimes urgent care is best, as they are more prone to do a battery of tests.

Again, don't mean to alarm you - It sounds like a regular tick bite.
Best wishes.

Hi everyone who was helping through this, Ethans doing good, no signs of anything yet. I have been watching him very closely and everything seems fine!! The spot where the tick was removed is just a little red spot, I have been still putting bacetracin and peroxide on it. Thanks for all your help, I truly appreciate it, YOu guys are the best!! I will keep you posted if anything happens!! Chrissie

The blacked-legged ticks more commonly known as the deer tick is the one that carries lyme and other diseases. Just keep watching his head so far it sounds like he doesn't have it. If thet doctor told you it wasn't a deer tick he is probably fine.
Good luck!

Yeah, thats what I am doing. I was flipping out at first, but it's been 4 days, and no signs of anything, so hopefully everything is fine. The tick was on long enough to transfer anything it may have had, but so far so good. I heard it can take a while for symptoms to show up. Thanks, Chrissie P.S. What a name you have there!!
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom