1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My 5wk olds from Speckled hen

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by crazyhen, Apr 4, 2009.

1. crazyhen

crazyhen Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2008
    mtns of ,NC.
    I just love these. Can anyone tell me if velvet is boy or girl yet? She is Megs mixed chick

[​IMG]

Then we have Jake

[​IMG]

Emma
    [​IMG]

Fifi
    [​IMG]

Maxine or Max

[​IMG]

Callie

[​IMG]

Jean

2. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    The only boy I see is Jake. [​IMG]

3. sherrydeanne

sherrydeanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Those are some gorgeous chooks!

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Could be that you got all girls, Gloria Jean, except for Jake, of course. Maxine is the only one who may be a late blooming cockerel, but I really do not think so. Meg's baby is beautiful!!

5. crazyhen

Aug 26, 2008
    mtns of ,NC.
    Thats what I think that the only boy is Jake. In the Pictures they are on their first day out. Jake saw a cat for the first time. He was so alert. All the girls came running when i called them to the coop but not Jake. I make a point of picking him up everyday but he is not affectionate. The barred rock girls Emma and Callie are the sweetest yet. Velvet is a bit spunky and Maxine is sort of shy. hope you like the pics. Jean

PS I think that megs baby is going to be one gorgeous hen too. Her head is black her back blue and the wing feathers have an edging of red along with the breast.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2009
  6. speckledhen

Sounds pretty normal for those breeds. The BR boys aren't necessarily affectionate at that age, but they are almost always friendly. I'm happy you got so many girls! Wish you were close enough to get the little Orps that are with my Dusty.

7. crazyhen

Aug 26, 2008
    mtns of ,NC.
    I wish i could get me a blue boy. to go with my hen,. but and already regret not getting some of the delawares to. Of course iwant some blue and green egg layers too,. One person told me this week that his layed lavender eggs not pink Geepers I would like to have one that layed the lavernder eggs. I would take green, blure, teal , or brown even, I jjust want to have some anmericanaas eso, the deep blue egg layers, jean
    Goog nite everyone 'see you all soon Jean

8. speckledhen

Nite, Jean. Thank you for the pics!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by