My 5wk olds from Speckled hen

crazyhen

Crowing
11 Years
Aug 26, 2008
mtns of ,NC.
I just love these. Can anyone tell me if velvet is boy or girl yet? She is Megs mixed chick

velvet005.jpg

Then we have Jake

velvet009.jpg

Emma
velvet006.jpg

Fifi
velvet029.jpg

Maxine or Max

velvet033.jpg

Callie

velvet007.jpg

Jean

Thats what I think that the only boy is Jake. In the Pictures they are on their first day out. Jake saw a cat for the first time. He was so alert. All the girls came running when i called them to the coop but not Jake. I make a point of picking him up everyday but he is not affectionate. The barred rock girls Emma and Callie are the sweetest yet. Velvet is a bit spunky and Maxine is sort of shy. hope you like the pics. Jean

PS I think that megs baby is going to be one gorgeous hen too. Her head is black her back blue and the wing feathers have an edging of red along with the breast.

Last edited:
Sounds pretty normal for those breeds. The BR boys aren't necessarily affectionate at that age, but they are almost always friendly. I'm happy you got so many girls! Wish you were close enough to get the little Orps that are with my Dusty.

I wish i could get me a blue boy. to go with my hen,. but and already regret not getting some of the delawares to. Of course iwant some blue and green egg layers too,. One person told me this week that his layed lavender eggs not pink Geepers I would like to have one that layed the lavernder eggs. I would take green, blure, teal , or brown even, I jjust want to have some anmericanaas eso, the deep blue egg layers, jean
Goog nite everyone 'see you all soon Jean

Back
Top Bottom