My ameraucanas are making me mad!!!!!

ChickenKid11

Chirping
8 Years
Aug 10, 2011
So my Ameraucanas ALL have red comb now thier two bone are 2 fingers apart....I think they are through with their molt. I have them on layer ration. When cam i expect an egg? One more question what does squatting look like??

they are very very close. most likely they will jsut supprise you. Ameraucanas, or ee's are a little bit slower to begin laying unlike breeds like sexlinks and leghorns that start at 16. It also might be a bit longer due to the season. However they should start laying probalby within the next 2-3 weeks and 4-5 at the most. good luck, My first chickens were ee's (Easter eggers) which is another name for ameraucana that are not pure breeds and I loved finding there colored eggs. It was an easter egg hunt every day! lol

I have three Easter Eggers. They are 28 1/2 weeks. The first one laid her first egg on October 13, the second one just laid her first egg today. So I still have one more to go. They all squatted for at least a couple of weeks before they laid, but what I really noticed was their combs and faces reddened dramatically right before the first egg.

Back
Top Bottom