Crowing
Premium Feather Member
13 Years
Aug 30, 2007
New York State
My Coop
My Coop
Hey everyone,
I got some new chicks last Thursday! I was able to convince my mom - though now she's saying, "Why did we ever get new ones?!" I couldn't resist taking pictures of them, so I decided it would be nice to share. They are Black Stars (Black Sexlinks). I've chosen their names but haven't chosen who's who. So there's Golde, Noisette, Estelle, Monique, and Juliette. Just 5. But they are darlings!!
love.gif

3796_img_0068.jpg

3796_img_0066.jpg

They can look so intelligent for such *cough* stupid birds!
love.gif

3796_img_0063.jpg

No, she's not eating. She fell asleep with her head in the feeder.
smile.png

3796_img_0061.jpg

They were scared of the camera...

3796_img_0062.jpg

Now they're curious....

3796_img_0060.jpg

Sleeping in the corner.

3796_img_0057.jpg

And I suppose it would only be fair to show you my older girls. I was finally (after several hopeless attempts) able to get one where they didn't all have their backsides to the camera.
roll.png
Henny is the one in the middle. She's the one in my avatar.
smile.png

3796_img_0010.jpg

Hope you all enjoy!!
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Noisette-what a cute name! I only have one black star but I sure do like her disposition. Cute chicks you have there and a nice set of older girls.

Quote:
I pciked it for its French meaning. I was reading a book and the girl in it named her falcon Noisette, which means hazelnut. So I decided, "You know what? That's a perfect name for a Black Star!"
smile.png
Now the only trouble is who's going to be who?
tongue.png

Noisette can also be a small round nut-sized thing, like those little round butter balls you get in some restaurants. If one of the girls is a butter ball, you should name her that!

Back
Top Bottom