My babies are beautiful

donnamay

Chirping
6 Years
Oct 7, 2013
Well I got my 15 week old chickens (3 of them) four and a half weeks ago. I wanted chickens that were more pets than anything else. I started picking them up straight away as I knew they were a few weeks from laying. They settled in quite well and started sitting when I came near them and drumming their little feet. I must admit I spoiled them rotten and they got lots of tidbits, Bread, meal worms, yogurt, veges and fruit. I have given them everything. Well about a week and a half ago one started laying, they all started laying a few days later. I am getting 1 egg from each of them daily and have even gotten 2 eggs from one in a day. They seem happy, spoilt and I am enjoying every minute with them.

Love your post. I'm having so much fun raising chickens too. It's more fun than I thought it would be. They never fail to make me smile or laugh at least once day. Welcome to BYC!

They really are beautiful. I am amazed at how much personality they have. My husband is in a wheelchair so things can be hard. I couldnt have any other animals and the chickens are just great. They certainly bring a bit of sunshine to my day

I did look it up and had a little laugh. You are right. I would love for them to multiply but my husband is in a wheelchair and it took two months to convince him that 3 was fair in our little back yard. I am looking at making a bigger coop though Lol.

Obviously they have big back yards in South Carolina. Im in Australia in a small city plot so not much room. Although my parents own 100 acres. They have emus,Kangaroos, Wallabys, Echidnas and lizards does that count. Lol.

Welcome donnamay.
1f60a.png
. Before long they will be sitting up on the wheelchair with your hubby. A word of caution though, chicken poop sticks to wheels
1f609.png

they would too. But hubby wouldnt let them. Im afraid he isnt as enamoured as I am with my beautiful girls.

they would too. But hubby wouldnt let them. Im afraid he isnt as enamoured as I am with my beautiful girls.

Back
Top Bottom