r_o_o_s_t_e_r

Chirping
Apr 1, 2021
A while ago, i decided to try and hatch some chickens from our flock. I let 7 eggs incubate. all of these eggs were mixed with white crested black polish, as that was our only roo. of 7 eggs, 5 hatched. i was so happy about this. we hatched:
2 white ameraucana eggs
1 buff ee egg
1 white silkie egg
1 isa brown egg. (no rir came out tho, so shes practically a riw/polish mix)

today, i’ll be telling you about the only roo we hatched of the 5- Pepper. pepper is one of the 2 white ameraucana mixes, and he is beautiful.
9D25F792-8438-4828-9240-75DB5858F428.jpeg

F0714865-671A-4E3E-AC3A-87A804CE02A7.jpeg

F6AE5232-1D14-4FC2-BEC0-E302E796A204.jpeg

You may be wondering, “if he’s white ameraucana and white crested black polish, then where did all that orange come from?” I have a super cool answer to that.
His dad, our polish roo, is not 100% white crested black. He has ONE, SINGULAR golden laced feather on his neck. And that one feather, came out hundred-fold in Pepper.
Another thing i love about pepper, is he got his mum’s kindness, instead of his father’s meanness. Pepper enjoys cuddles, unlike most roo’s, and he even dances for me!!
Pepper is the best we could have hatched, and i am so happy he’s mine. :)

A while ago, i decided to try and hatch some chickens from our flock. I let 7 eggs incubate. all of these eggs were mixed with white crested black polish, as that was our only roo. of 7 eggs, 5 hatched. i was so happy about this. we hatched:
2 white ameraucana eggs
1 buff ee egg
1 white silkie egg
1 isa brown egg. (no rir came out tho, so shes practically a riw/polish mix)

today, i’ll be telling you about the only roo we hatched of the 5- Pepper. pepper is one of the 2 white ameraucana mixes, and he is beautiful.
View attachment 2780814
View attachment 2780815
View attachment 2780816
You may be wondering, “if he’s white ameraucana and white crested black polish, then where did all that orange come from?” I have a super cool answer to that.
His dad, our polish roo, is not 100% white crested black. He has ONE, SINGULAR golden laced feather on his neck. And that one feather, came out hundred-fold in Pepper.
Another thing i love about pepper, is he got his mum’s kindness, instead of his father’s meanness. Pepper enjoys cuddles, unlike most roo’s, and he even dances for me!!
Pepper is the best we could have hatched, and i am so happy he’s mine. :)
Another super cool thing about pepper, and 2 other chicks we hatched, is they have heterochromia. they get it from their dad. Oreo, the other white ameraucana mix, has it the coolest- hers is split down the middle. Pepper’s is most like his dad’s, where it’s more blotchy, but still beautiful.

Another super cool thing about pepper, and 2 other chicks we hatched, is they have heterochromia. they get it from their dad. Oreo, the other white ameraucana mix, has it the coolest- hers is split down the middle. Pepper’s is most like his dad’s, where it’s more blotchy, but still beautiful.
Got any pics? This sounds cool.

Back
Top Bottom