my blue Andalusian chick help

Kylo_Hen!

Crowing
5 Years
Jun 28, 2018
hi my BA's sick or something she sits down away from the rest of the chicks with her eyes closed and she moves her tail up and down she is only one week old she dose not have pasty butt and when she poops it is clearish yellow with white foam any thing i can do she eats & drinks and preens i am afraid of her loosing her place in the pecking order :(:idunno:hmm

It sounds like the chick could be constipated. Give her a teaspoon of solid coconut oil, broken into tiny bits placed onto her tongue. Hold her head from the back and pry her beak open with your fingers. She will automatically swallow the bits of oil if you get it onto her tongue.

If you have no coconut oil, use olive oil or mineral oil in a syringe. Open her beak and place the teaspoon of oil drop by drop on the inside of the right side of her mouth (her right, not yours). This will avoid the airway at the center of her throat. Solid coconut oil is easier and safer because she will swallow it down the proper channel.

Do this ASAP. Constipation can kill a chick quickly.

Don't worry, there's no pecking order for new baby chicks.

It sounds like the chick could be constipated. Give her a teaspoon of solid coconut oil, broken into tiny bits placed onto her tongue. Hold her head from the back and pry her beak open with your fingers. She will automatically swallow the bits of oil if you get it onto her tongue.

If you have no coconut oil, use olive oil or mineral oil in a syringe. Open her beak and place the teaspoon of oil drop by drop on the inside of the right side of her mouth (her right, not yours). This will avoid the airway at the center of her throat. Solid coconut oil is easier and safer because she will swallow it down the proper channel.

Do this ASAP. Constipation can kill a chick quickly.

Don't worry, there's no pecking order for new baby chicks.
thanks!!! i did have one that died with the same symptoms

Back
Top Bottom