My "Buff Orpington" is something else. What breed is it?

Brizi

Songster
Feb 22, 2023
Alabama
I bought a "Buff Orpington pullet" a few weeks ago. After looking at pictures and videos online, I am not convinced that it's a Buff Orpington. I posted pictures on Facebook, and lots of people said that it may be a Leghorn. However, this chick is super friendly and not at all flighty like Leghorns are known to be. One person said it may be a Rhode Island White or a White Plymouth Rock. What do y'all think?

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1678371032256.jpg
    FB_IMG_1678371032256.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 41
  • FB_IMG_1678371037019.jpg
    FB_IMG_1678371037019.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 10
  • FB_IMG_1678371041326.jpg
    FB_IMG_1678371041326.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 12
  • FB_IMG_1678371045844.jpg
    FB_IMG_1678371045844.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 12
I think it's NOT a Buff Orpington - time will tell what it actually is. Now it's a healthy little white chick.
I called up the feed store I got it from and they said the only light-colored chicks they sell are Buff Orpingtons and Leghorns. They haven't even got their Golden Comets yet this year. I'll post updates later, but I guess it has to be a Leghorn.

I was purposely trying to avoid the 300+/yr layers in hopes of getting healthier, longer lived birds. On the bright side, she (hopefully she) is a big sweetheart.

I called up the feed store I got it from and they said the only light-colored chicks they sell are Buff Orpingtons and Leghorns. They haven't even got their Golden Comets yet this year. I'll post updates later, but I guess it has to be a Leghorn.

I was purposely trying to avoid the 300+/yr layers in hopes of getting healthier, longer lived birds. On the bright side, she (hopefully she) is a big sweetheart.
Leghorns handle laying better than sexlinks, if it's a she, she'll be fine.

I bought a "Buff Orpington pullet" a few weeks ago. After looking at pictures and videos online, I am not convinced that it's a Buff Orpington. I posted pictures on Facebook, and lots of people said that it may be a Leghorn. However, this chick is super friendly and not at all flighty like Leghorns are known to be. One person said it may be a Rhode Island White or a White Plymouth Rock. What do y'all think?
Did you find out what it is? I have two buffs and they looked a lot like that when they were chicks.

Back
Top Bottom