my chick pipped but didnt move for the past 2 days !

chickengo

Hatching
Mar 7, 2018
hi im having a problem with one of my eggs. well, i noticed it had made a small pip in the shell but after that, it didnt move ! i was tempted to help it so i did. i removed the top of the shell leaving the membrane exposed and increased the humidity. i also covered it in wet tissue except the pipped area. i can see its feathers through the membrane and it looks mostly developed but it wasnt moving the entire time i was removing some shell. when i looked at the membrane the next day, it turned yellowish, like a light iodine colour. i dont know if my chick is dead and what to do. HELP!

I'm no expert but in my limited experience if you can't see movement or hear chirping after that I'm afraid it sounds like bad news :(
I normally keep my chicks in the incubator for as long as possible to encourage hatching of the others

I'm no expert but in my limited experience if you can't see movement or hear chirping after that I'm afraid it sounds like bad news :(
I normally keep my chicks in the incubator for as long as possible to encourage hatching of the others
oh, well its ok thanks for your help !

Back
Top Bottom