My chick was choking on a baby worm

Ok thank you, Do you think I will be ok not giving the chick the grit this one time because I need to order it online and that could take a long time.
I lost my bag of grit so I went outside with a colandar with bigger holes and got two huge spadefuls of dirt and put into it. I grabbed a finer meshed strainer and held under the colander and rinsed the dirt. The large colander caught the big rocks while allowing grit sized pebbles to go through and the smaller strainer caught the grit sized pebbles while letting mud wash through. I wound up with about 2 tablespoons of grit and gave it to the babies. Better to be safe than sorry.

I lost my bag of grit so I went outside with a colandar with bigger holes and got two huge spadefuls of dirt and put into it. I grabbed a finer meshed strainer and held under the colander and rinsed the dirt. The large colander caught the big rocks while allowing grit sized pebbles to go through and the smaller strainer caught the grit sized pebbles while letting mud wash through. I wound up with about 2 tablespoons of grit and gave it to the babies. Better to be safe than sorry.

I couldn't get chick grit because the farm stores are sold out so I gave them a mix of construction sand and tiny stones picked out of the crusher run at the edge of the driveway.

I’ve just given my chick sand with little tiny stones in it. She eat a couple. Will that be ok?

Yep, looks like you got some good advice while I was gone. Don't mix with food, they only need a little, it grinds their food up 'cause they don't have teeth, chicks will forage anything when they're with their mom and CAN eat anything at a young age as long as it's fed with care.

Your chick will probably be fine since they got some grit.

Back
Top Bottom