My Chicken Died Today

chris_m90731

Songster
10 Years
Nov 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
And I'm pretty sad.
I know she was just a chicken.
A silver-spangled hamburg hen, but when I found her limp @ the bottom of her cage today, I teared up.
I dunno, she was just a chicken, but I swear to God she had an old soul.
Just sit in my hand, look up at me with her little bright eyes, and snuggle there as I rubbed her neck.
A little spark of life.
A selection on some menu, a darn chicken.
But I'm sad today because Chloe, our chicken, my friend...she passed away.
And you know what?
I miss her already.

No chicken is JUST a chicken...to their owners they are THE chickens - - more important than any others on earth. I am very sorry for your loss...
hit.gif

She looks like she was a pretty little one

Last edited:
I'm so sorry for your loss
sad.png

They are NOT "just chickens", they are our pets with personalities and love to give... they are cute and lovely and the day I lose my first, I will be absolutely shattered.

hugs.gif

Thank you for the responses. I've always heard silver-spangled hamburgs were very flighty and wild...she; Chloe, was the complete opposite. Just one of the chickens that comes around every once in a while...and makes you rethink your pre-existing notions on the value of life.

hugs.gif

On here there aren't "Just" chickens, there are friends to laugh, cry, confide in, vent to. Friends that make you smile or make your headache go away after a long day. The chickens in my world are that and it sounds like that for you. I love my little guys and when they are gone I'll be really sad. Extra
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom