my chicken eyes is close and mucous coming from the month

selorm

In the Brooder
Aug 26, 2018
Hi
please I need help, for a week now just left my male adult chicken out of its cage to feed for it self, now its sick with its eyes closed, weak and mucous coming from the mouth.
Please need help..

Attachments

• WP_20180826_13_40_30_Pro_LI.jpg
    WP_20180826_13_40_30_Pro_LI.jpg
    594.1 KB · Views: 4
  • WP_20180826_13_40_41_Pro_LI.jpg
    WP_20180826_13_40_41_Pro_LI.jpg
    490.3 KB · Views: 2
  • WP_20180826_13_41_10_Pro_LI.jpg
    WP_20180826_13_41_10_Pro_LI.jpg
    585.6 KB · Views: 2
  • WP_20180826_13_41_24_Pro_LI.jpg
    WP_20180826_13_41_24_Pro_LI.jpg
    542.8 KB · Views: 2
  • WP_20180826_13_41_27_Pro.jpg
    WP_20180826_13_41_27_Pro.jpg
    646 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Hi
please I need help, for a week now just left my male adult chicken out of its cage to feed for it self, now its sick with its eyes closed, weak and mucous coming from the mouth.
Please need help..
Hi @selorm :frow Welcome To BYC

Can you post some photos of your chicken and it's poop?

Where are you located (state/country)?
What is your weather like?
Does you chicken have any respiratory symptoms like coughing, wheezing, sneezing, runny nose or eyes?

What do you feed your chicken?

Can you feel the crop and tell us what it's like - hard, soft, squishy, sour smelling, fluid or air filled?
Look inside the beak - do you see any lesions, yellow plaques or canker?

Hopefully with photos and the answers to the questions above, we can help you figure out how to help your chicken.

Does you chicken have any respiratory symptoms like coughing, wheezing, sneezing, runny nose or eyes?

Can you feel the crop and tell us what it's like - hard, soft, squishy, sour smelling, fluid or air filled?

Hopefully with photos and the answers to the questions above, we can help you figure out how to help your chicken.

Hopefully with photos and the answers to the questions above, we can help you figure out how to help your chicken.[/QUOTE

Following ....my rooster is doing the exact same thing! We found mitesnkn him and are treating him for that but I don’t know what else to do.

please am in Ghana, west Africa.
I have been feeding it with layer mesh just stop given it for 8 days for have left it to be on free range now. We are in the raining season now so the weather is a bit cold. There is yellow plaques in the mouth while there is running nose and mouth, the eyes is wet and its sneezes.
@Wyorp Rock

please am in Ghana, west Africa.
I have been feeding it with layer mesh just stop given it for 8 days for have left it to be on free range now. We are in the raining season now so the weather is a bit cold. There is yellow plaques in the mouth while there is running nose and mouth, the eyes is wet and its sneezes.
@Wyorp Rock
Do you have access to a vet?

From your photos, your rooster is in bad shape. Yellow plaques inside the beak could be Canker, you will need an antibiotic/antiprotozoal agent like Metronidazole to treat him. He may also have complications from a respiratory illness as well.
Can you find any of that?

I would see if you can get him drinking and offer him his normal feed (laying mash) or you can give him chick starter.
If possible put him in a dry place so he can stay somewhat warm, a sick chicken needs to be kept at around 80F (26C).

Back
Top Bottom