My chicken has a hole it its head and it's bleeding what do I do?

sungirl01

Hatching
Apr 7, 2023
Ive found that my chicken is injured on the top of it's head, and that's its bleeding, I'm not sure how to take care of it. Ive read someones post here who had the same situation as mine, and I saw that some comments said to put Apple cider vinigar in the water, but I'm not sure what to do

No, don't put acv on it. Is it a pecking injury? I would isolate her, clean the wound with warm soapy water or saline, then let dry, spray with bacitryn and then slather it with plain antibiotic ointment. When the wound is no longer red she can rejoin the flock. See if you can find out who attacked her. You may need to isolate the bully.

You'll need to do this twice a day for about a week, depending on how big the wound is.

Attachments

• F9337859-BE55-4FA6-9E3D-A313902A7D07.jpeg
    F9337859-BE55-4FA6-9E3D-A313902A7D07.jpeg
    197.6 KB · Views: 2
No, don't put acv on it. Is it a pecking injury? I would isolate her, clean the wound with warm soapy water or saline, then let dry, spray with bacitryn and then slather it with plain antibiotic ointment. When the wound is no longer red she can rejoin the flock. See if you can find out who attacked her. You may need to isolate the bully.
Okay thank you so much! I honestly think it was one of the bigger chicks. I think it is a pecking injury

Attachments

• DFC428D2-B0CE-48FF-B8F9-FA7A40B4135E.jpeg
    DFC428D2-B0CE-48FF-B8F9-FA7A40B4135E.jpeg
    197.6 KB · Views: 2
How much room do you have?

She's still little, you might need to put a friend with her so she's not stressed.
I separated her and at the moment I'm going to put her in a separate container where she could be safe and I am going to go get her a friend so she won't be so stressed!

Back
Top Bottom