My chicken has never layed an egg!

She may still be ill tho...not in optimum health.
What did you treat her with and when?
Knowing those details might help.

Also what all and how exactly are you feeding?
I thought she could be ill too but I doubt it... I treated her about 3 months ago with Agribon (sulfadimethoxine) and she got significantly better!
I am feeding her with smashed corn (chicken feed) and sometimes bread and pieces of fruit/vegetables

@Wyorp Rock is far more knowledgeable than me... so food might help, but she has a better understanding of your problem.
Since she is young looking and has been sick, feeding a higher protein feed that is 18-20% protein is a good idea instead of layer feed.

I'm like many here on BYC that feeds an all flock type feed year round (20%) and offer oyster shell free choice.:)

She's still fairly young. If she has Infectious Coryza that probably set her back quite a bit in development. Infectious Coryza does cause a drop in egg productivity. I don't know how much it affects the reproductive system, but it could cause some problems later on in life due to damage from the disease. Time will tell.

It would be a good idea to do some research and read up on Infectious Coryza. It does make birds carriers for life and they can become symptomatic intermittently throughout there lifetime, not to mention passing it on to any other birds you may have.

That is probabbly happening! I will do some research on the effects of coriza on chickens, maybe it really is affecting her... At least her symptoms arent visible anymore! I had another one that died with it. Thank you for the info!

Hello BYC members! So, my chicken is around 7/8 months old and she has never layed an egg! She has coriza (which doesnt show symptoms no more) but i dont think that afects anything... anyways Im really worried she will never lay one! What could this be? Thanks in advance.
Mine are ten months old and just started laying they are my leghorns and isa Browns I was thinking they were going to start in August but nope they waited till the end of December to start

Back
Top Bottom