1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

my chicken just died, need help with answers

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by atparker0416, Nov 12, 2015.

1. atparker0416

atparker0416 New Egg

Nov 12, 2015
    One of my chickens just died. It seemed like she was egg bound because she was not moving/walking abd had a lump in her stomach. So we put her in warm water for about 30 mins then put her in a towel. While she was in a towel she spasms and yellow liquid came out of her back side and mouth, it smelled terrible. She died right after that. What would cause this?

2. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

3. ladoo

ladoo New Egg

Nov 13, 2015
    I agree it's probably sour crop ... Poor baby ... Sorry for your loss mine is currently sick with something too .... Doesn't seem like she'll make it which has left me crying in my couch ... Sorry to hear about your loss ... Sometimes people don't understand taut chickens are family ... It hurts just as much to lose them than it is to lose a dog or cat there the same ... Peace and love [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by