My chicken keep opening its mouth and has a croaking sound.

mllch8

Hatching
9 Years
Dec 26, 2010
Hi,
I am new here and I have some problems with my flocks about 10 chickens, can someone please kindly advise,
I really do appreciate your help, My chicken keep opening its mouth and has a croaking sound.
what is the problem and how do I save them or what are the medications to be given to them.

Regards,
Thank You
Michael.

Hi,

Its all ten chicken now, initially started with one and now all of them is having this problem, Please kindly help if you have any solution or knows what is the problem with my chickens, I would really appreciate.

Regards.
Thank You
Michael

Does the croaking kinda sound like a small dog barking and it is happening when they are eating or just finished eating? We had that happen and it turned out it just meant the girls were eating too fast and basically coughing up their food.

I'm really new to this also but did you look at the posts on Gape Worm?
Maybe someone much smarter than me will know better and could comment but you might look at all the symptoms and see what you think.

Hello, pretty new here but for sure the more experienced folks will ask you to look at the sticky at the top of the emergencies thread and fill out all that information as best you can. It will help them give you the best advice. Good luck, just wanted to save you a little time...

Hi JTL77,

Thanks, they sound like using a saw to saw a wood grook grog grook grog, as if some thing is in the throat, but some only breathe thru their mouth, that is why most of the flocks open their mouth, I assume.

Regards,
Thank You
Michael

I don't know either, but I do have one hen that does that kind of sound like she has a cold or something and breathes thru her mouth. I got her like that and it's been 3 months and she's fine. But since you had 1 and now 10, that would make me want to know "what's going on ? " Did you google it ? I'm sorry I couldn't be more helpful. Good luck

Hi mamachick21,

I think there is a possibility they have cold, but I don't see any of them sneeze or running nose, all the flocks still have good appetite,
this really makes me wonder what's wrong or most of the chickens just like to breathe thru their mouths.

Regards,
Thank You
Michael

Back
Top Bottom