my chicken laid a goose/turkey size egg

wowmanacat

Songster
Apr 1, 2011
Oak Grove AR
I am not really sure which of my chicken laid this egg but I think it was Snap one if the one that just started to lay eggs for us.
One the left is the large egg on the right is one form one of my other hens Thelma. I have been seeing a lot of others are getting the very large eggs of late. Tonight I am going to candle the egg to see if it is a double yolker.
84849_0418111501.jpg

I like double yolkers. Two for one! They don't hatch. I got a bunch when my ladies started laying. Delicious!

I got about 5 in one week a month or so back. All of them were double yolkers. Very good eggs too.

RoostersCrow,HensDeliver! :

Quote:
A double yolker won't hatch. There is not enough room for 2 embryos to grow. It would be best not to waste any time on it. Sorry for the bad news.
sad.png

Some double yolkers can hatch, its rare but can happen. I think there was a youtube video of a double yolker that somebody hatched floating aroung on here recently.......​

How Wierd Is This! Yesterday (easter friday) My Chickens layed 6 EGGS! All In One Day i have 4 hens. And Today 3, Nugget Starting Clucking Really Loud and seemed in pain got out of the hatching bit and there was 2 eggs! Is this normal?

Back
Top Bottom