my chicken won’t walk nor eat

It doesn’t mean that Ohio state vet needs to send it to an avian or poultry vet, but just a local vet of the client’s choice. They have a rule that they cannot send the report to the client. That is probably so they are not constantly being questioned about what the results mean. But the client can bring in or send in the chicken to the lab if they choose.

It doesn’t mean that Ohio state vet needs to send it to an avian or poultry vet, but just a local vet of the client’s choice. They have a rule that they cannot send the report to the client. That is probably so they are not constantly being questioned about what the results mean. But the client can bring in or send in the chicken to the lab if they choose.
Vets I have contacted don't want anything to do with chickens let alone ones that have died.
I do understand the state lab not wanting to deal with the average person. Sending in samples wrong and then being upset testing couldn't be done. Or getting results they don't understand and wanting everything explained.

The lab I linked has always been very nice and helpful with any questions I've had. I could send a bird to them for necropsy if needed.

Vets I have contacted don't want anything to do with chickens let alone ones that have died.
I do understand the state lab not wanting to deal with the average person. Sending in samples wrong and then being upset testing couldn't be done. Or getting results they don't understand and wanting everything explained.

The lab I linked has always been very nice and helpful with any questions I've had. I could send a bird to them for necropsy if needed.
I think you are missing what she's saying.
You can take your bird straight to the lab yourself but the lab will not give you the results. They will give it to any vet of your choosing... It doesn't even have to be a chicken vet.

The vet never has to see the bird.
jUST give you the results.

Back
Top Bottom