My chickens are killing each other. No. They really are.

Hello,

Yes I would have to agree with a snake. If the injury is around the head or it looks like it was wet, a small snake could have tried to swallow it, in the meantime it suffocated the chicken, when it realized it was too large it left it. Sometimes a snake will be able to swallow a chicken but cannot get out of the coop, because the hen its belly makes it too fat to fit thru the chicken wire or hole it squeezed thru, making for a positive identification of the culprit!

Ugh. I could have miscounted. It was dark. I'm second guessing myself. Game camera is set up and lashed to a support pole

Why would a weasel kill in exactly the same spot in the coop every time? I just don't know.

I hope you find and eliminate the treat soon. Hopefully, you don't find anymore dead hens! Best of luck!

Well. My faith is restored in chicken kind. The reason we didn't see that hole is because light doesn't shine through it and we had covered it last winter. I hope I can explain how complicated it is for this guy to have gotten in there. He must have really worked at it for years maybe. The barn is a shed row with multiple rooms. Each room is separated by three walls. The walls that were the interior and exterior of the existing building and then the interior wall of the next room. He has to go all the way across a drop ceiling in another room in the barn, down a wall THEN underneath a wall THEN up the wall of the coop. Then he has to peel back layers of insulation, 2X4 welded wire and THEN climb through the sheet metal to get into the coop. The pics are from the floor of the coop pointing towards the ceiling. He knocked the game camera over, I'm assuming it was because he wanted to pose for the camera. UGH! Too bad I had to lose another chicken to figure this out. Thanks everyone for your help! I never would have stuck with the predator theory if y'all hadn't pushed me.

AHAH!!!
Little so and so.....looks like a baby.
Trap and eliminate...glad ya figured it out and the mean hen is off the hook.

Glad you know what happened now. I love the game cameras.

Sorry for the loss of your chickens.

Back
Top Bottom