My chickens are stuck in a horrid flood

WiccanKC

In the Brooder
Mar 18, 2019
there is a huge flood where my father and my chickens live. It was so bad that my father had to evacuate, but the chickens are still in their coop. They have higher places to go and I have at least a weeks worth of food and I’m not sure how much water. I have not seen it yet neither has my father since he has not been back for a few days. Any advice on what I can do right now, other than pray, or on what I can do when I get back depending on to the seriousness of the situation. I also want to know how well they could survive. They are all adult hens, any advice on what I can do right now, other than pray, or on what I can do when I get back depending on to the seriousness of the situation would be nice. I also want to know how well they could survive. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Everyone in the town is evacuated. I am in Fremont County Iowa. May be a few days maybe a week. A bunch of dams broke. The rescuers were told that if they saw them to cut them out of the coop. But we did not do so because there are lots of dogs, vultures, owls, coyotes, it’s Cetera .

Thank you. I do to. I have not seen the little buggers in two weeks. Due to the fact that I am I go to my dads every other weekend

there is a huge flood where my father and my chickens live. It was so bad that my father had to evacuate, but the chickens are still in their coop. They have higher places to go and I have at least a weeks worth of food and I’m not sure how much water. I have not seen it yet neither has my father since he has not been back for a few days. Any advice on what I can do right now, other than pray, or on what I can do when I get back depending on to the seriousness of the situation. I also want to know how well they could survive. They are all adult hens, any advice on what I can do right now, other than pray, or on what I can do when I get back depending on to the seriousness of the situation would be nice. I also want to know how well they could survive. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Any updates?

Not yet, we are not allowed back into town yet
:hugs I'm sorry to hear that. I can't imagine what you are going through and how this flood has impacted your community.

It's so hard to know, but if they had food and water, could get out of the water too, then they may be fine. All you can do is pray and be hopeful.

Back
Top Bottom