My chickens

Debbanne

Songster
Jan 19, 2019
Have a Red rooster at the moment and have had bantam hens and many others over nine years. Seems we do not have much luck with chickens. One chicken in nine years. We get close and have had foxes kill them and our chooks have been given to us. Through family and a lady raises them before we get them. Hoping to get some chickens when we get our new girls for our rooster,Red. We have about seven ducks and a goose though and she is sitting on some duck eggs. Here's hoping to baby ducklings instead.:celebrate

What kind of ducks? We have ducks, and I have found, that, when I go to ge5 the eggs, and put them in th3 basket...they actually tip it over and try to roll the eggs back out! They want those eggs back to set on them!! So, yes, hopefully you will have good luck with your ducks...I clearly love my ducks ( look at my name :) ). But, don’t give up on chickens! They are a blast and...actually lay , ive found, more reliable than ducks...they lay like crazy!! And they are gentle and nice animals, very easy to maintain, once you get the coop set up...so..good luck with you duckies..and please take pictures..,we love pictures!! :)

Just saying hello as well as a post earlier. My name is Debby and I live on a farm and have a rooster,ducks, a goose and a cat and dog. An avid gardener as well. Hoping to grow treats for my animals as well and wanting to learn what can grow for sheep and cattle as it is a sheep and cattle farm. Fairly new to the growing crops and my husband handles the sheep and cattle with his dad. If anyone knows of any good but not too hard to grow things I can give stock it would be helpful!! :D

Back
Top Bottom