My chicks wont stand!!

farmwood

Hatching
8 Years
Apr 18, 2011
Hello i am new to this chicken raising thing and need some help. I have had two chicks for about a month. Today they wont stand they act like they cant walk, they lay down even to eat. One is worse off than the other it lays in the brooder with his head on the ground and wont hardly move at all.

Quote:
I'm so sorry farmwood! It might help if you could tell us what breed of chicks they are, and what you're' feeding them.
By the way:
welcome-byc.gif

Hi and welcome here click this link and they fill out BYCs will try and help
Give us the following information. The more you tell us, the better we will be able to help you.

1) What type of bird , age and weight.
2) What is the behavior, exactly.
3) How long has the bird been exhibiting symptoms?
4) Are other birds exhibiting the same symptoms?
5) Is there any bleeding, injury, broken bones or other sign of trauma.
6) What happened, if anything that you know of, that may have caused the situation.
7) What has the bird been eating and drinking, if at all.
8) How does the poop look? Normal? Bloody? Runny? etc.
9) What has been the treatment you have administered so far?
10 ) What is your intent as far as treatment? For example, do you want to treat completely yourself, or do you need help in stabilizing the bird til you can get to a vet?
11) If you have a picture of the wound or condition, please post it. It may help.
12) Describe the housing/bedding in used

After i read "what kind of bedding are you using" i feel really dumb i have been using cedar. The guy i got them from said i could use cedar but just looking its in very small quantities. I hope its not to late i have moved them out of there to fresh air and will not put any more cedar in with them.

Oh good get the cedar out get some pine shaving. I just had a sick chicks do you have them under heat lamp? I fed my girls some yogurt and gave them some sure water. About 24hrs later they were good as new Good luck keep us posted

Back
Top Bottom