My Coop Is The Best - Bragging - Pics

tackyrama

Songster
11 Years
Aug 14, 2008
Central Minnesota USA
Excuse me but I have to strut my feathers a bit. My coop is THE best! I designed and built my coop from scratch. It was finished last year and is now home to 74+ chicks & chickens and more hatching at this moment.

14471_coop_dec_2008.jpg

I am completely happy with everything about it. I have had success upon success with my chickens. Thanks to careful planning, my own construction skills, some help from a few BYC'rs, and just plain luck it has exceeded all my expectations.

I know people on this site are happy to share their knowledge and it is with pride I can offer this coop as an example for others.
14471_barn8.jpg

Our chickens are healthy, happy and besides providing entertainment they also provide food. Up until yesterday we have incubated nearly all our chicks. Three of our first hens from last year went broody and now are starting to hatch out. Below is a pic of the first arrival yesterday.

14471_broody_chick.jpg

A picture with some of my grandchildren enjoying the hay loft.

14471_coop_27_4.jpg

My BYC page(s) have a complete, detailed story of the construction of this coop/barn. For anyone building or planning on building a coop my pages can offer insight and practical applications for nearly any project. so forgive me if I seem to brag a bit. I offer this information as a form of payment for help received.

Fantastic job! Your interior layout is perfect and your grandkids are just adorable. What a great way to spend time together! Kudos!

Tacky,

Your grandfather would be proud of the hard work, planning, and four year perseverance on your part.

Heck, I'm proud of you and I don't even know you.

Absolutely every reason to brag, beautiful!
thumbsup.gif

now go knock wood in case you just jinxed yourself!
wink.png

Very impressive
thumbsup.gif
Your birds are very lucky to have such a wonderful home. I enjoyed your BYC pages too. You are very patient
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom