My coop

Ilovemychicks08

For nothing will be impossible with God-Luke 1:37
Premium Feather Member
Apr 2, 2021
Wisconsin
I wanted to share with everyone my coop! And hope somone can use these plans I built this coop back in 2021 when i first got my new chickens. It houses 5 chickens right now, but hopefully nore someday. I will add the pictures of the outside by now and i will get more pictures of the inside and the run design also the nesting boxes. The coop is a 8ft×4 ft and the run is 16-20 feet long and a little over 8 ft wide. These pictures are from last year i just never had the chance to make this yet. The run is made out of 8 ft tall outdoor metal dog kennel runs. Then i have 4 4 ×4 s in the ground and i built a roof out of 2 ×4s and then put tin on the top. I will get better plans and pictures wrote up tomorrow. 20220125_132215.jpg
20220125_132242.jpg

Attachments

• Messenger Kids_creation_113499118.jpeg
    Messenger Kids_creation_113499118.jpeg
    991.2 KB · Views: 12
Looks like a start.

All that roof overhang looks like it would've made for good ventilation if it weren't closed up. Is there any ventilation at all that I'm not seeing?

Also that opening above the door to the run looks like it could be a concern to predators possibly getting in.

Keep us posted...
I have added a lot. We dont get many hawk and i have added a board in the opening. The tarps come down in the spring once all the snow is gone. And then the windows are open in the spring summer and fall. There is ventilation on both sided of the roof overhangs, i have vents in them so snow cant drift in.

Sorry, i haven't updated. We have had very bad weather and i havent had time to get the pictures and plans done. And today we had a family get together. I should be able to get the tomorrow.

Sorry, i haven't updated. We have had very bad weather and i havent had time to get the pictures and plans done. And today we had a family get together. I should be able to get the tomorrow.
Sorry i still havent updated, its been very cold, rainy, windy and snowy. Just going out to the coop i have almost fell 5 times today. I should be able to update by next week i can add in coop cam pictures.

Ill get some more pictures when its light. Dont mind my one chicken sleeping in the nesting box she wont sleep on the roost since she went broody for a day(ive tried to get her out but it doesnt work). I had 2 roosting bars up one cracked so i had to take it down(i plan on getting another one up her soon.) The hook is where i add a water if its below 0 degrees. And i normally have water in the waterer that i made with pvc pipe
20221213_190143.jpg

Back
Top Bottom