My cute 3-week-olds! *pic heavy*

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by BearSwampChick, May 12, 2008.

1. BearSwampChick

BearSwampChick Chicken Sensei

Jan 10, 2008
    Marysville, OH
    One of my SS
    [​IMG]

Golden comet
    [​IMG]

Barred rock
    [​IMG]

Puff the EE
    [​IMG]

Henrietta the SLW
    [​IMG]

Daffodil the BO
    [​IMG]

Thanks for looking! [​IMG]

2. Dawn419

Dawn419 Lost in the Woods

Apr 16, 2007
    Evening Shade, AR
    Too cute!!! [​IMG]

Their colors are going to make for a gorgeous flock of "eye candy"!

Dawn

3. BearSwampChick

Jan 10, 2008
    Marysville, OH
    Thanks, Dawn, that's why I picked 'em. I also have RIRs, but couldn't get a good pic of any of them. I have 16 total. Love that eye candy!

Susan

4. kodiakchicken

kodiakchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2008
    Kodiak, Alaska
    Love the pics!

But, the pic of your buff O brings up a question I've been wanting to ask. I have a little buff O that is two weeks old. She's feathering out but still has more flufff left than yours do. However, her comb is quite a bit bigger than that of yours pictured here. Bigger than the other 4 chicks I have too. I wasn't sure if comparing her to them was fair because she's the only single-combed chick out of a group of pea and rose combs, but now looking at yours I'm wondering if she isn't a he? She also has been my sweetest natured little chick, to the point of being bullied, but has recently gotten aggressive toward the other chicks - jumping on them and running them off.

I know any guesses at this point are just that - guesses. But does anyone suspect I've got a roo on my hands?

Last edited: May 12, 2008
  5. BearSwampChick

Jan 10, 2008
    Marysville, OH
    Quote:Honey, you're asking the wrong person here! [​IMG] I'm pretty clueless and trying to find out about some of mine, too. Both of my BOs have very small combs, so if that's any indication, then I guess your guess is correct. But I'm just guessing! [​IMG]

6. kodiakchicken

kodiakchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2008
    Kodiak, Alaska
    Quote:Well, I guess we both just guessing then. I guess I'll just wait until I can make a more educated guess. You guess that's okay? [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. BearSwampChick

Jan 10, 2008
    Marysville, OH
    Quote:Well, I guess we both just guessing then. I guess I'll just wait until I can make a more educated guess. You guess that's okay? [​IMG] [​IMG]

I guess! [​IMG]

8. ticks

ticks Pheasant Obsessed

Apr 1, 2008
    The Sticks, Vermont
    aren't they cute look at the physical changes in 1.5 weeks my little welsummer pullet, Meadow

2 weeks
    [​IMG]

3.5 weeks
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by