my dog attacked my duck please help!

That looks like a wound that's healing. Wonderful news - don't let her overdo!!!
wink.png

Isn't that what we are supposed to tell folks who have recently recovered from an injury?

That looks like a wound that's healing.  Wonderful news - don't let her overdo!!!;)

Isn't that what we are supposed to tell folks who have recently recovered from an injury?

:D its healing quite well and is almost fully healed. Sorry the picture isn't better. Oh no I'd hate for her
to over do it. We are still doing like before carrier at night, out during the day. I think we might continue that for a few more days and then see where she is. And if she's healed enough she might be sleeping in the duck house, separate for awhile just to make sure. I'd hate for my drake, Little, to rip open any newly closed wounds and be back at square one again. She seems to like her carrier at night though. She calms right down and just relaxes. Once morning hits though she's quacking up a storm.

Sorry I haven't given an update recently, but I do have great news. Cheese has progressed so much and is almost able to go back outside with her flock mates. Tonight I checked her over as well as I could even with my bf holding her she fought so much it was unreal. I couldn't help but laugh though. Her feathers are coming in very nicely and her only wound isn't that bad at all. In fact I was even able to get a pic of it. Not a great pic of course but I did get one. here you can see what's left of the wound (the black part) and you can see how much her feathers have come in there. They aren't as advanced as this under her wings but they are getting there.
Hard to see but glad she has come along so good. great nursing care.
smile.png
Is the wound still open at all? reason saying if you plan on putting her out I'd spray Blue Kote on her that will help it continue to heal and also disguise the wound so no one messes with it.

Hard to see but glad she has come along so good. great nursing care. :)    Is the wound still open at all? reason saying if you plan on putting her out I'd spray Blue Kote on her that will help it continue to heal and also disguise the wound so no one messes with it.

No the wound is closed now from what I can tell. If it is open its covered by that black stuff which I'massuming to just be scabs or something. As long as she's coming back inside at night I'm keeping her penned. Its a lot easier to catch her and put her in her carrier that way. But will remember about the blue kote and will pick some up just in case I do need it.

No the wound is closed now from what I can tell. If it is open its covered by that black stuff which I'massuming to just be scabs or something. As long as she's coming back inside at night I'm keeping her penned. Its a lot easier to catch her and put her in her carrier that way. But will remember about the blue kote and will pick some up just in case I do need it.
Yea no open wounds that's great.

Yea no open wounds that's great.

I know! Hopefully soon she will be fully recovered and full feathered. And be reunited with her flock mates to wander about and eat all the yummy bugs as a family once again. Also my geese have grown very fond of her. Amelia (female gose) has even went so far as to I think try to attack me and even tried to chase me today. Both times it was when I had brought Cheese out in the morning to be put in her pen for the day. She quacks like crazy when I do that so I think maybe the geese think I'm hurting her? I have no clue but both efforts were smushed and maybe by tomorrow she will know better and won't try anything. I think the first day she tried to bite my pants but I'm not sure as my back was turned to her. And I think Boris (gander) has become attached to her. He never leaves the side of her pen and when he does its only for a short time.

I know! Hopefully soon she will be fully recovered and full feathered. And be reunited with her flock mates to wander about and eat all the yummy bugs as a family once again. Also my geese have grown very fond of her. Amelia (female gose) has even went so far as to I think try to attack me and even tried to chase me today. Both times it was when I had brought Cheese out in the morning to be put in her pen for the day. She quacks like crazy when I do that so I think maybe the geese think I'm hurting her? I have no clue but both efforts were smushed and maybe by tomorrow she will know better and won't try anything. I think the first day she tried to bite my pants but I'm not sure as my back was turned to her. And I think Boris (gander) has become attached to her. He never leaves the side of her pen and when he does its only for a short time.

So sweet.

I had the same problem with my dog, and I trained her by letting my ducks out one day, and every time she went within 10 meteres of them i pushed her back, made a growling sound and said 'NO' really sternly. This means they learn they are not allowed near the ducks. I practiced this for a week whilst she had a muzzle on and them i took the muzzle off and she was great with them, she now lets them clamber all over her! Try this and tell me how you get on, and i hope your duck gets better!
smile.png

I had the same problem with my dog, and I trained her by letting my ducks out one day, and every time she went within 10 meteres of them i pushed her back, made a growling sound and said 'NO' really sternly. This means they learn they are not allowed near the ducks. I practiced this for a week whilst she had a muzzle on and them i took the muzzle off and she was great with them, she now lets them clamber all over her! Try this and tell me how you get on, and i hope your duck gets better!
smile.png
That sounds like a great idea. It's just we are working on not pulling right now still. And he doesn't seem to enthused about them anymore, now that he has seen Cheese for almost a week in her carrier. He's still not allowed off a leash cause he likes to take off and I can't be having that. It's a pain to get him back home, although when we go off into the woods and I let him off his leash he does amazing well. But once I get him to stop pulling I will deff try this and see what happens. Thank you. And she's almost all better now
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom