my dog attacked my duck please help!

If I only had 1 feeder out my other members of the flock would never get to eat, my 2 geese are so stingy. I bought the goat feeders at TSC and that way more than a few can eat at one time. I have 4 of them out for of 37

So I guess it's just not my geese who are stingy. Although the ducks do get to eat after they are done eating. But I have added 2 more food bowls just haven't put anything in them yet as I only put feed out twice a day. Will let you know how supper goes with the added food bowls.

So I guess it's just not my geese who are stingy. Although the ducks do get to eat after they are done eating. But I have added 2 more food bowls just haven't put anything in them yet as I only put feed out twice a day. Will let you know how supper goes with the added food bowls.

caf.gif
I space them out around their area so the geese can't hog them all.
roll.png
Just the way geese are.

lol I am starting to see that. But I love them little stinkers. They are actually being really nice to Cheese. They have spent all day by her pen and are even eating plants with her. It's so stinkin cute!

lol I am starting to see that. But I love them little stinkers. They are actually being really nice to Cheese. They have spent all day by her pen and are even eating plants with her. It's so stinkin cute!

That's sweet, my geese were very interested in the 3 ducklings that hatched here this year but the ducklings were scared of them, they can be over powering. LOL ..Geese are really pretty sensitive actually.

Curious if you don't mind me asking, what do you do that you get paid to sleep.

Last edited:
That's sweet, my geese were very interested in the 3 ducklings that hatched here this year but the ducklings were scared of them, they can be over powering. LOL ..Geese are really pretty sensitive actually.

Curious if you don't mind me asking, what do you do that you get paid to sleep.

Awww how cute! To be honest if I was a tiny duckling I'd be scared of a huge goose too no matter how sweet lol. I work with the mentally disabled population. They are very dependent the one's I work for so we do everything with them. Getting dressed, hygiene, dinning, activities, just everything really. And the way the company I work for works is that there is a midnighter who stays up and helps with tolieting if they need it and does the cooking for the next day. The Sleep awake person (not my shift by the way) sleeps from 11pm to 5am then gets up at 5 and helps with all the stuff in the morning. Like getting the clients up and dressed and ready, then we feed them breakfast and get them ready to go to a day rehabilitation center. The sleep awake person is really just there in case the midnighter needs a hand. Like if there's a fire, or an emergency with one of the clients, or anything like that.

ETA: I'm a relief which is like a call in sorta. I fill in all the shifts when people are off or their shifts have been changed. It just so happens that for the last 2 weeks i've been doing sleep awakes.

Last edited:
Awww how cute! To be honest if I was a tiny duckling I'd be scared of a huge goose too no matter how sweet lol. I work with the mentally disabled population. They are very dependent the one's I work for so we do everything with them. Getting dressed, hygiene, dinning, activities, just everything really. And the way the company I work for works is that there is a midnighter who stays up and helps with tolieting if they need it and does the cooking for the next day. The Sleep awake person (not my shift by the way) sleeps from 11pm to 5am then gets up at 5 and helps with all the stuff in the morning. Like getting the clients up and dressed and ready, then we feed them breakfast and get them ready to go to a day rehabilitation center. The sleep awake person is really just there in case the midnighter needs a hand. Like if there's a fire, or an emergency with one of the clients, or anything like that.

ETA: I'm a relief which is like a call in sorta. I fill in all the shifts when people are off or their shifts have been changed. It just so happens that for the last 2 weeks i've been doing sleep awakes.
I bet that's hard to get use to. doing the sleep awakes.

When these duckling were hatched my goose Missy was actually sitting on her own eggs so when I candled at 2 weeks and took her eggs away because they weren't fertile she like watched them ducklings like she thought they were hers. Or that's what it appeared to me anyway. But they had their own mama so they wanted no part of her or the gander.

I bet that's hard to get use to. doing the sleep awakes.

When these duckling were hatched my goose Missy was actually sitting on her own eggs so when I candled at 2 weeks and took her eggs away because they weren't fertile she like watched them ducklings like she thought they were hers. Or that's what it appeared to me anyway. But they had their own mama so they wanted no part of her or the gander.

It was at first and it is when if it's been awhile since I've done them but right now they are pretty easy. I don't like getting up at 5 in the morning but i'm at work so I have to. Oh my what a cute story. Poor girl. I'm sure her and Sammy will have beautiful babies one of these days.

It was at first and it is when if it's been awhile since I've done them but right now they are pretty easy. I don't like getting up at 5 in the morning but i'm at work so I have to. Oh my what a cute story. Poor girl. I'm sure her and Sammy will have beautiful babies one of these days.

We shall see next year about goslings, but no ducklings for quite awhile here I am maxed out for space. I have 4 older over 9 yrs so will wait till we start losing them before we add any more, but they all appear pretty healthy [which I am very thankful of] well one has duck dementia but it only comes every so often.
Are your geese male/female? can't remember.

We shall see next year about goslings, but no ducklings for quite awhile here I am maxed out for space. I have 4 older over 9 yrs so will wait till we start losing them before we add any more, but they all appear pretty healthy [which I am very thankful of] well one has duck dementia but it only comes every so often.
Are your geese male/female? can't remember.

Wow 9 yrs old! Congrats on such long living ducks.. Duck dementia? I didn't know they could get dementia. I have 2 Males and 1 Female. I'm desperately looking for a female but it seems most people I get in contact with either don't have a clue what their geese are or will only sell a pair. And I don't need an extra gander. I'd hate to buy a pair just for the female and rehome the gander because that's just too much on them I'd think. So for now I'm just looking and looking and will hopefully find the perfect match for my geese.

Back
Top Bottom