my dog attacked my duck please help!

Thanks for the link I'm going to read through it more when I have the chance. I just wanted to share a picture of cheese from yesterday when she was outside. I was able to get an o.k. picture of all the damage. I'm not sure how much it will help. Its the best one I've been able to get.

ETA: I do all of her medicinal things by myself so its hard to get pics but if I can get any better ones I will be sure to share them.

Last edited:
Good to see her up and about!

Did she hold her wing up for the camera or does she keep it held up - being injured?

Keep keeping it clean and medicated, keep giving her what she will eat, and vitamins.

Thanks very much for the photo.

Good to see her up and about!

Did she hold her wing up for the camera or does she keep it held up - being injured?

Keep keeping it clean and medicated, keep giving her what she will eat, and vitamins.

Thanks very much for the photo.

She was flapping her wings when I took the picture. So she must be just tucking them back place. She doesn't hold them funny. Last night when I went to bed I layed next to her and talked her about how i wished shed eat more and after a Lil bit she started to eat some. So I'm thinking she just needs some extra TLC and alone time with mommy. Also her eggs are due to hatch soon from what I can see. I guess I was a little off on the days. Should I give them to her when they hatch or at this point just hand raise them?

Last edited:
Did the eggs end up in the incubator (I think that is what I remember).

I am not sure about giving them to her one way or the other. Maybe you can check in on the thread for old-fashioned hatching.

Did the eggs end up in the incubator (I think that is what I remember).

I am not sure about giving them to her one way or the other.  Maybe you can check in on the thread for old-fashioned hatching.

Yes they are in the incubator. I'll check over there and see what they say. She's very energetic today. I added more water to the tub than I have been and she's swimming all over and enjoying her mealworms. Her wounds look good from what I can see. I haven't put on her triple antibiotic yet though. She seems to be coming around more though. Its just a matter of her wounds healing up. Her poop is still that blueish green color. She's preening her wound areas some today I've noticed. Not much but for a brief few seconds. I think she's feeling a lot better. I'm also not sure if she's molting or if her feathers are still coming out but yet again today when I cleaned her carrier there was a ton of feathers in there. I just want to say thanks again for helping me and cheese through this. We appreciate it so much more than you know!

Forgot to add she must not be in as pain as she keeps doing that thing where they kinda fluff up when they are in the water and a lot of her damage was under the wings and I know they were really sore on her. She keeps splashing me and getting the whole bathroom soaked from doing it so I'm thinking she's feeling a lot better :) hopefully her appetite will increase soon.

Yes they are in the incubator. I'll check over there and see what they say. She's very energetic today. I added more water to the tub than I have been and she's swimming all over and enjoying her mealworms. Her wounds look good from what I can see. I haven't put on her triple antibiotic yet though. She seems to be coming around more though. Its just a matter of her wounds healing up. Her poop is still that blueish green color. She's preening her wound areas some today I've noticed. Not much but for a brief few seconds. I think she's feeling a lot better. I'm also not sure if she's molting or if her feathers are still coming out but yet again today when I cleaned her carrier there was a ton of feathers in there. I just want to say thanks again for helping me and cheese through this. We appreciate it so much more than you know!

Just wanted to say a wee bit about the ducklings, Amiga is doing such a great job with everything else, you too dl, I doubt very seriously she will recognize her ducklings as hers when they hatch. So most likely they will be your responsibility. She does look like she is feeling better though and looks like a sweetie. Happy to hear all the positive updates. Did you try mixing her feed moistened? Sounds like if she is losing feathers like you say she maybe starting molt which will be good for her then all her feathers will grow out together. How much longer will she be taking the pen?

Just wanted to say a wee bit about the ducklings, Amiga is doing such a great job with everything else, you too dl, I doubt very seriously she will recognize her ducklings as hers when they hatch. So most likely they will be your responsibility. She does look like she is feeling better though and looks like a sweetie. Happy to hear all the positive updates. Did you try mixing her feed moistened? Sounds like if she is losing feathers like you say she maybe starting molt which will be good for her then all her feathers will grow out together. How much longer will she be taking the pen?

Thanks miss Lydia for the feedback about the ducklings. I thought I might have to raise them but that's OK as they will be hatching right around the same time as the ones that were in the bator to begin with. I tried her feed moistened but same thing she only ate a Lil bit. She eats about 4 to 5 mouthfuls at a time then that's it for a x amount of hours. I'm really hoping that with her feeling better she will eat more. She doesn't even eat special meals I make her. When I do make them I take her feed away for about 2 hrs then give her the meal. Usually egg yolks and a bit of yogurt with some apples and kale (I know sounds delicious) but she hasn't ever touched it. I usually end up bringing outside for the other ducks and geese to fight over. That's good about her feathers. I'm not sure what you mean by your last question.

Thanks miss Lydia for the feedback about the ducklings. I thought I might have to raise them but that's OK as they will be hatching right around the same time as the ones that were in the bator to begin with. I tried her feed moistened but same thing she only ate a Lil bit. She eats about 4 to 5 mouthfuls at a time then that's it for a x amount of hours. I'm really hoping that with her feeling better she will eat more. She doesn't even eat special meals I make her. When I do make them I take her feed away for about 2 hrs then give her the meal. Usually egg yolks and a bit of yogurt with some apples and kale (I know sounds delicious) but she hasn't ever touched it. I usually end up bringing outside for the other ducks and geese to fight over. That's good about her feathers. I'm not sure what you mean by your last question.

Penicillin sorry.

Penicillin  sorry.

Oh lol I should be saying sorry for not realizing that's what you meant. I'm not sure the site Amiga gave me said 4 days on penicillin but I read somewhere else, hard to remember where, it said 8 to 10 days. So I'm not sure but I think I'm going to go with the 4 days since that's where I got my measurements from. That would make tom her last day on it.

Back
Top Bottom