My dog bite my chicken

i think it would be ok too, because the wound looks pretty small. if you are really really really worried, or i am wrong about the size of that wound, tell me please. if it bleeds too much, blot up the blood or hold something up to the wound and gently press it for a few minutes and it should stop bleeding

Get her wound rinsed with fresh water. That is where you want to start. Clip any feather out of the way of her wound so she can have a clean heal. Better pictures would be helpful.
Is she bleeding?
Where is her wound?
Get her to a warm, quiet place where she will feel safe. Make sure she has some food and water. Electrolytes would be great. Soften her food is she needs. Give her a little time to settle. Talk to her softly, let her know she is safe.

Get her wound rinsed with fresh water. That is where you want to start. Clip any feather out of the way of her wound so she can have a clean heal. Better pictures would be helpful.
Is she bleeding?
Where is her wound?
Get her to a warm, quiet place where she will feel safe. Make sure she has some food and water. Electrolytes would be great. Soften her food is she needs. Give her a little time to settle. Talk to her softly, let her know she is safe.
Hey I have clicked some pictures of her wound
It looks horrific
The area behind her wing is torn half .. and top area also, she has a broken bone on top idk what it was and I'll make a video next time I'll medicate her ...

Attachments

• IMG20211127154016.jpg
    IMG20211127154016.jpg
    310.4 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG20211127154038.jpg
    IMG20211127154038.jpg
    346.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG20211127154050.jpg
    IMG20211127154050.jpg
    452.2 KB · Views: 3
Can I use chlorhexidine to clean her wound ??
Yes, You can use Chlorhexidine to clean her wound. Clean it out, trim feathers away from the wound so you can see it better and keep it cleaner.
Apply triple antibiotic ointment to the wound.
Check it daily, clean with the Chlorhexidine if it needs it and apply your ointment to keep the wound moist.

How is she acting? Work on hydration first. Electrolytes if you have them or a little sugar water. Once she's drinking, then introduce her normal feed.

Keep us posted.

Yes, You can use Chlorhexidine to clean her wound. Clean it out, trim feathers away from the wound so you can see it better and keep it cleaner.
Apply triple antibiotic ointment to the wound.
Check it daily, clean with the Chlorhexidine if it needs it and apply your ointment to keep the wound moist.

How is she acting? Work on hydration first. Electrolytes if you have them or a little sugar water. Once she's drinking, then introduce her normal feed.

Keep us posted.

Thanks for your response
Actually it's a bit tough to clip the feathers and moreover I just put away the excess of feathers from her and if I will clip more it will peck on it so I am keeping it that way and since evening it's eating a bit more and roaming too

I clicked some pictures of the wound while cleaning her n I just hope she get better asap ... Plus I need help with her food .. should I give her anything special to recover fast ??

Attachments

• IMG-20211128-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20211128-WA0001.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom