My dog is sick! I think?

Yes, you can get dewormer from your vet. Although many things are sold over the counter or through online companies, it's always safest to get it at your vet's office.

take a stool sample (or the dog) to the vet. over-the-counter wormers are more generalized and often not as strong as those from a vet. Plus, the vet can check what type of worm she has and get an idea of how heavy the infestation is. She will likely have to be wormed more than once.
Most heartworm meds now contain regular wormer as well so ask your vet if your brand does. Also, be sure to pick up the poop and dispose of it carefully until the worms are gone. Otherwise, she will just pick them up again :)

Does anyone know of natural deworming stuff I could make and give her to give her? I'm kind of leary of over the counter stuff beacause it has chemicals in it.

I have a golden, they are allergic to everything. My Billy pukes all the time, food, water everything. My vet said to give him prylosec (sp), I actually give him a generic over the counter.. He gets one every morning and it has slowed down considerably. I don't think it will ever quit completely. Now it is only a couple times a month.

Check out his food. I switched to a grain-free, poultry-free with very few ingredients and it did wonders for food allergies and stomach problems in both of my rescued dogs.

Back
Top Bottom