My dog won't eat my chickens!

O.O someone just recommended I do that for my cat, actually. I said no. I should have realized people would do that to animals but it never crossed my mind until now. I'm going through a mild shock at the moment.

It's not a recommendation, nor is it something I have done or would personally do myself. It is however, an option for those who do wish to use it, and there is a reason shelters offer support for it.

most shelters and a lot of rescues will recommend the procedure. It's sad, but once the cuteness wears off so many people take the pups/kittens to the pound. Or they don't neuter them and let them get pregnant and then you have another 8 or 9 puppies. And then on and on.

It gets frustrating for them, hearing all of the reasons that irresponsible people get rid of their pets. Like "I bought a new puppy and he annoys my senior dog. So we are bringing the senior to the pound. I know you will find him a home" or "Wow, I didn't know that Great Danes got so big!" or "I bought new furniture and the hair shows up too much" :(

ETA: not saying you are one of those people. Accidents do happen. Just be careful who you let the pups go home with.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom