My dogs,Flock, and I almost died

I had a coyote a few years back that was very bold. I was getting firewood for the furnace and see him maybe 20 feet from me just walking slow keeping his eyes on me, I said what are you looking at and he just kept walking slow keeping his eyes on me with a slow walk away. I knew he had to be sick or something since he never ran. I went back to the house grabbed my trusty 22 and went back to see if I could see him again, I see him out about 50 yards and put the crosshair on his rib cage and he piled up about 70 yards away. This coyote I felt could of been bold enough to attack a person, i've trapped many coyotes and never seen one that was not afraid of a human.
A lot of the ones around here aren’t scared of humans because they live in such close proximity to them all the time. They’re not like the country coyotes.

I had a coyote come check me and my horse out the other day while I was walking it. The coyote followed along like a dog but when I made eye contact, it's entire body changed. I met aggression with aggression and went after him with the dressage whip I had with me. I'm talking a real, German made leather dressage whip that I've had for 30 years. I know how to use that thing and went after that coyote with precision from years of experience. He couldn't figure out why he was in pain. Why his eyes were suddenly full of German leather. Or what was biting his back. Or why his front legs kept tripping him. He retreated, ran across the pasture where the pony attacked him, and the coyote barely made his escape into the woods. I trapped him the next day and the game warden picked him up. The coyote will be euthanized and tested for rabies. I leave wild animals alone but when they come after me in such a manner there will be consequences. If I hadn't had that whip, the ending of this story would be very different. The only reason why I was carrying the whip was so I would not forget to take it to the house and clean it.

I had a coyote come check me and my horse out the other day while I was walking it. The coyote followed along like a dog but when I made eye contact, it's entire body changed. I met aggression with aggression and went after him with the dressage whip I had with me. I'm talking a real, German made leather dressage whip that I've had for 30 years. I know how to use that thing and went after that coyote with precision from years of experience. He couldn't figure out why he was in pain. Why his eyes were suddenly full of German leather. Or what was biting his back. Or why his front legs kept tripping him. He retreated, ran across the pasture where the pony attacked him, and the coyote barely made his escape into the woods. I trapped him the next day and the game warden picked him up. The coyote will be euthanized and tested for rabies. I leave wild animals alone but when they come after me in such a manner there will be consequences. If I hadn't had that whip, the ending of this story would be very different. The only reason why I was carrying the whip was so I would not forget to take it to the house and clean it.
Wow!!!

Years ago my brother in law that was the great white hunter rescued a baby raccoon after its mother got shot. He raised it as a pet and when it reached the age of 4 it turned on him, chased him and even tried to pry the door of his trailer he was living in open. He ended up trapping it and setting it free way into his woods so that it would not hurt him. Wild animals are unpredictable and you never know when one might snap or turn on you. Human beings can snap so its not hard to imagine why a wild animal couldn't.

Back
Top Bottom