My Dogs **Warning Photo heavy**

annageckos

Crowing
14 Years
Sep 6, 2009
SE PA
I don't have chickens.... yet. But I do have other animals, and I just wanted to share some photos of my dogs. I have three, Vegas (lab/pointer mix), Nevada (German Shepherd) and Shorty (Basset Hound). So here they are.

First up is Shorty. He is six years old and too smart for his own good. He is mostly well behaved, but can open cabinets and get things off tables. He is only bad when no one is around. He also LOVES all other animals. Everything, from cats, rats, birds, guinea pigs to reptiles. He also thinks Nevada is his girlfriend, he follows her EVERYWHERE. The last photo is of Shorty and Dickie, my mom's wheaten Scottie. Dickie is around three years old, when he was a pup Shorty would let him chew on his ears and neck flub.

291.jpg

151.jpg

153.jpg

062.jpg

054.jpg

Here is is 'girlfriend' (thou if you ask her she will tell you he is more of a pesky little brother), Nevada. She is seven years old. She had a very rough start to life. She is a puppy mill dog and was born with a bad heart problem. Long story short we got her the day she was going to be shipped to AZ then north from there back to the broker where she was going to be put down. At six months old she had heart surgery done, she would have died without it. She is doing well now. One of her favorite things is the water.

243e49a7.jpg

090.jpg

288.jpg

121.jpg

320.jpg

Last up is Vegas. He is the oldest by only about two months, so he is also seven. He is a mama's boy. Is is also a little strange. He doesn't swim, only goes about chest deep, and will not retrieve. He is afraid of other animals. You know how scary kittens can be. He is extremely smart and learns quickly. But he really only listens to me. He LOVES to run and play in the snow. He is also extremely picky about what he will eat, but he loves coffee and tea.

035.jpg

118.jpg

0192.jpg

041.jpg

034.jpg

This is last years Christmas photo

0876.jpg

Those are the most cool action shots of dogs I've ever seen! And they really show each one's personality. Well done. They look so happy. (Except for the one of "why did mama put this awful hat on me, I can't stand it")

Love the pictures and GREAT shots! How in the world did you get three dogs to sit for a Christmas picture??? Your secrets must be told LOL!
love.gif

Thanks everyone. The secret to getting them all to sit for the photo is training. I have worked with them all since they where pups. Training, patience... and treats help too. I can let them run off lead and they listen pretty well. Exercise helps too, both mental and physical. A tired dog is a good dog. When they where younger I use to run them in a small field almost everyday for at least 1/2 hour and take them on a lot of walks in the woods to run. Now I try to get them out to run at least three times a week.

Great looking dogs! Sounds and looks like they have a great life with you! Shorty is adorable, and so refreshing to see a fit basset hound! Please share whenever, those are really great pictures.

Your dogs are just beautiful!

I especially have a soft spot for bassets, ours is fifteen now. It's great to see that someone else doesn't let their basset get fat and unhealthy! I had to laugh at your description of Shorty getting in trouble when no one is around, sounds just like our Fluppy. She once got up to the counter and ate an entire fresh batch of cookies.
smile.png

Great pictures!! I have four dogs, one is a Basset. I just love the breed! I'm fostering a second one. I'd love to have an entire herd of them!
lol.png

When do you plan on getting chickens? They are sooooooooo much fun!!

Back
Top Bottom