My Drag (a cat) is missing and I'm sick about it....Update-He's Home!

chicks4kids

Songster
10 Years
Apr 22, 2009
Northern Indiana
My neighbor breeds cat like they're gong out of style!

Well, my husband adopted 2 litter mates from the neighbors a year ago...one long hair and one short hair-blue boys...the long hair is named Spitz (full of piss and vinegar) and the other, a short hair twin of the littermate, Dragon-sweet as can be-I carry him like a baby every morning out to the pond where we take the ducks, rubbing his belly while he drools out of his mouth
sickbyc.gif
but I love him, and streak his fur with his drool
wink.png
. My cats have been neutered (cuz that's how I am) and for the past 2 days, Drag has NOT been here which is totally not in character of these boys. Literally these two are at my side 100% of the day, they're in the chicken coop all day long or up my wa'zoo about getting attention. I'm missing my Drag, cuz he was my baby-I'm hoping that he is locked in the "irresponsible" neighbors pole barn, but I doubt it. I went over there today and I didn't hear him ( the nighbor wasn't home).

I know that cats are a dime a dozen, but it is just sad. My oldest daughter and I walked the road tonight looking to see if he was hit by a car but fortunately, we did not find him......I'm just upset right now...and missing my Drag...I lost my dog last Thanksgiving and am just about giving up on the animal heartache...it's almost too much.
hit.gif
I'm ready to call it quits.

Sorry just venting which is really not like me, but I want my cat back...he was my moler, mouser, my sweetie pie and chicken guardian...Sometimes you know when something just isn't right and this is one of those times. It's aggravating when all my animals come from the 3 neighbors that I have...I didn't want any of them, but I love them like crazy now!

Last edited:
I'm so sorry.. this is why i dont let my cats outside. I couldnt bear it if i thought they were injured/half eaten someplace and suffering. I'd not sleep at night..
So sorry...
sad.png
I really hope he comes home...
fl.gif

I'm so sorry, too.

My cats have been strictly indoors-only unless supervised every second outside with no means of wondering off and/or safely on leashes since (eons ago) when I lost a dearly loved indoor/outdoor cat to coyotes. It still haunts me. One of my old cats was allowed outside without being on leash only because she could not jump the fence...but my eyes were never taken off her and that was in a small secure yard.

I sure hope your kitty shows up.
hugs.gif

Last edited:
Cats may be "a dime a dozen" but friends are not and that is what Drag is to you! I have "too many" (depending on who you ask) but I love each and every one and their personalities. I have had a cat disappear for a day or two in fact I have a few barn cats I don't see for months at a time but when the snow flies they come back for food and that plugged in heating pad!! Hang in there, hopefully he will be back in a day or two
hugs.gif

Once in a while my kitties Romeo and Butterscotch decide to disappear for a few days, they probably just want the extra attention they get when they come home. But in their case, when they are outside they don't hang out with the people so I can see why you would be worried... I hope Drag comes home soon!

I am so sorry that your Drag is missing. I would check in places like sheds, or garages. Basically any place that a cat might enter, and someone might shut the door not knowing that the cat when in. I would check the neighbors sheds too. I hope he comes back home to you.
hugs.gif

A beloved pet is priceless. Yes, there are a zillion unwanted cats out there, but you took Drag into your home and heart. I'd be crazy with worry, too. Get busy and start looking. Talk to the neighbors and put signs up where allowed. Contact the animal shelters and veterinary offices. Put the word out your cat is missing. Ain't nothing wrong with loving a cat. I hope he returns to you unharmed.

Eenie it's way to early for you to be awake. I have even gone to be yet.
lau.gif

Don't forget that you are a teenager and you need your rest in the morning.
D.gif

Back
Top Bottom