My drakes foot is ALWAYS bleeding??!

It’s possible. But he never totally healed over from when he originally got it :( I unbandaged too soon, and his feet were still super tender and it just festered back up, he wasn’t living with me at the time so it was hard to manage. But he’s been home for almost 5 months now so lately I’ve been tackling it and checking every day and doing the best I can do because it’s easier now that I have him here and can work on him and monitor him :) just gotta get it Better and let it totally heal properly this time, but I’m sure they are sorta tender he’s been through a lot
Banty makes a great point. I still think I would buy some of those silicone duck shoes for him to wear until his feet are totally healed and toughened up again.

Right now he’s just in bandages in isolation on soft bedding so he’s okay but I see what you’re all saying about when I let him back out, as it gets closer to that I’ll need help figuring something out. We bought him those duck booties from crazy k farm but they hurt his feet bad and he had a hard time walking in them so those aren’t an option for him. What do you guys think of the pics of his feet?

Well other than they need a lot of TLC to heal completely they look like the bumble is out.
Very much so!!! :) and really??? Ok yay!! That’s what my momma and I were saying too but wanted to confirm :) thinking maybe to soak him a bit today to pull the rest of the tiny pieces of the scab that’s left off, other than that we’ve just been only applying fresh bandages each day to him with the antibiotic ointment (triple) on his feet :)

I saw a post where someone took a pool noodle and cut it in slices and taped them to a ducks feet. I think the hole in the noodle allowed for the spot to breathe but kept it from touching the ground, while still providing support. Maybe worth considering.
Might even be able to incorporate a piece of the pool noodle into the can coozie idea also. . hum. Keeping anything on their feet would be challenge I am sure.

Back
Top Bottom