My dream-come-true! Our new resin shed coop.

Quote:
But their adorable! I'm going to be hatching quite a few eggs this Spring, I'll give ya a shout-out when their old enough to ship, K?
smile.png

ill say i ordered chicks and that there must have been "the strangest mix-up"! hahaha

eah Sunny, the ONLY reason i would have built one is because i woulda had yours and steves expertise. without it we would have definitly been SO LOST!

I think you are a fast learner so it would have been easy after awhile.

I have the Royal Outdoor sheds and I love them too!

What you could have done first to keep the ground from settling too much, was to put down patio blocks 12 inch by 12 inch sizes. Sure you may need alot but in the long run, rain and mud won't track its way underneath the ground. I don't put too much faith in manufactors saying you can put it on the ground. Yeah, after awhile when ground settles, you will have water or mud seeping through. In your area of Nevada, you may not have that problem but in our area, it IS a problem.

Our ground does have a lot of rocks in the soil. A LOT OF ROCK. like, i cant even make one dig in the ground without hitting a stupid rock. i m hoping it will help with drainage. If not we can always prop it up on blocks. thanks
smile.png

Congrats on your new digs:)
My only comment is to check for eggs under the roost if they are laying. That dark cavern the plywood created is perfect nest-hiding space!

Quote:
You may have to shoo them into the new coop for a couple of days but closing up or removing the old coop from the area should help that.

For light control put in a timer so the light comes on at dusk and turns off after some time. I have mine set to three hours.

Back
Top Bottom