my dream project <3

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by allmychickens, Dec 28, 2011.

1. allmychickens

allmychickens Just'a small town girl

Aug 4, 2011
    Washington
    I am not allowed to have many more chickens but I thought I would share my DREAM project!!!

I want to create a breed that is extremely friendly, small, good layer, thats pretty and a good mother!
    I would start with a blue cochin bantam for its friendlyness and cross it with a white leghorn bantam for laying ability.
    I would select the best laying pullets and breed with a blue booted bantam for the color and feathered feet.
    From that I would select, again, the best laying pullets to breed with a different blue booted bantam rooster.
    From that I would select the best Laying pullets to breed with the best colored roo.
    from that I'd pick best colored and best laying pullets to breed with a silkie roo.
    I would pick the best laying pullets to breed with the best colored roos.
    I would select the best laying blue pullets to breed with a bantam blue cochin/blue silkie cross for friendlyness and broodyness

I would selectively breed my new breed to fit this standard:
    A heavy bodied, blue, splash, and black colored bantam, with feathered feet and a beard and a small crest, that is friendly and an awesome layer, who is also a good mother!!!
    I would call it a Camarata Bantam

what are your dream projects/breeds???

Last edited: Dec 28, 2011
  2. AnimalsComeFirst

AnimalsComeFirst Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2011
    Hugging a Chicken
    A derpington. [​IMG]

3. Chicken Frenzie

Chicken Frenzie Chicken Whisperer

Nov 2, 2010
    [​IMG] Your project sounds cool!
    I don't really have one,since I don't have any roosters [​IMG]

4. SilkieChickenLover336

SilkieChickenLover336 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2011
    New Jersey
    Get rid of some of your lder chickens AND START THIS SO I CAN BUY SOME HATCHING EGGS!! Oh and for the smallness cross i with a serama or dutch.

5. Wolftalk

Wolftalk Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 1, 2011
    The Coop :)
    Quote:Same here!!!! I would love some hatching eggs!!!! Im going to create my dream bird project too! Ill post when i come with an idea! Im inspired now!

6. allmychickens

Aug 4, 2011
    Washington
    Quote:lol all of my chickens are 8 or 9 months old and laying great so Im not gettin rid of them! Im only allowed to get 4 more chickens!![​IMG] Howabout you follow this plan and sell me a chick [​IMG] lol
    someday....in a few years when my chickens arent laying as well I might get rid of them and try this if I knew people would want them lol

7. Wolftalk

Wolftalk Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 1, 2011
    The Coop :)
    Whoever does follow this should start pretty quickly, it sounds like this plan would take a pretty long time!!! So someone get on it! [​IMG]

8. silkielover5

silkielover5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2011
    Hudson WI
    i want to start silkies that lay colored eggs! [​IMG]

9. allmychickens

Aug 4, 2011
    Washington
    here is a updated shortened version!!!!

stage 1 would take 1 or 2 months:
    Pair 1: bantam blue cochin x white leghorn bantam (these bought as adults to shorten project time...)
    pair 2: blue Silkie x blue booted bantam (these bought as adults to shorten project time...)
    stage 2 would take 6-8 months:
    Cross pair ones best laying offspring with pair twos friendliest roo offspring... buy a dutch hen and a silkie roo and cross them
    stage 3 would take 6-8 months:
    cross 1/2's offsprings... best laying offspring with a the friendliest dutch x silkie roo
    = f1 Camarata Bantams!!

selectively breed best layers
    [​IMG]
    this would take like...
    hmmm 1.5 -2 years to get f1s!!!!

If I did this... how many of you would want some??? [​IMG] [​IMG]
    maybe... just maybe I can ask to bend the rules a bit [​IMG]
    It isn't a county rule its a family rule! law wise i can have as many as i want... family rules...no more then 10 chickens.... i have 6... 1 rooster 5 hens... family rules also no more then 1 roo...

Last edited: Dec 28, 2011
  10. allmychickens

Aug 4, 2011
    Washington
    [​IMG] [​IMG] do it!!! [​IMG]
    Quote:

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by