my dream project <3

allmychickens

Just'a small town girl
8 Years
Aug 4, 2011
Washington
I am not allowed to have many more chickens but I thought I would share my DREAM project!!!

I want to create a breed that is extremely friendly, small, good layer, thats pretty and a good mother!
I would start with a blue cochin bantam for its friendlyness and cross it with a white leghorn bantam for laying ability.
I would select the best laying pullets and breed with a blue booted bantam for the color and feathered feet.
From that I would select, again, the best laying pullets to breed with a different blue booted bantam rooster.
From that I would select the best Laying pullets to breed with the best colored roo.
from that I'd pick best colored and best laying pullets to breed with a silkie roo.
I would pick the best laying pullets to breed with the best colored roos.
I would select the best laying blue pullets to breed with a bantam blue cochin/blue silkie cross for friendlyness and broodyness

I would selectively breed my new breed to fit this standard:
A heavy bodied, blue, splash, and black colored bantam, with feathered feet and a beard and a small crest, that is friendly and an awesome layer, who is also a good mother!!!
I would call it a Camarata Bantam

what are your dream projects/breeds???

Last edited:
A derpington.
lol.png

Quote:
Same here!!!! I would love some hatching eggs!!!! Im going to create my dream bird project too! Ill post when i come with an idea! Im inspired now!

Quote:
lol all of my chickens are 8 or 9 months old and laying great so Im not gettin rid of them! Im only allowed to get 4 more chickens!!
sad.png
Howabout you follow this plan and sell me a chick
wink.png
lol
someday....in a few years when my chickens arent laying as well I might get rid of them and try this if I knew people would want them lol

Whoever does follow this should start pretty quickly, it sounds like this plan would take a pretty long time!!! So someone get on it!
celebrate.gif

here is a updated shortened version!!!!

stage 1 would take 1 or 2 months:
Pair 1: bantam blue cochin x white leghorn bantam (these bought as adults to shorten project time...)
pair 2: blue Silkie x blue booted bantam (these bought as adults to shorten project time...)
stage 2 would take 6-8 months:
Cross pair ones best laying offspring with pair twos friendliest roo offspring... buy a dutch hen and a silkie roo and cross them
stage 3 would take 6-8 months:
cross 1/2's offsprings... best laying offspring with a the friendliest dutch x silkie roo
= f1 Camarata Bantams!!

selectively breed best layers
big_smile.png

this would take like...
hmmm 1.5 -2 years to get f1s!!!!

If I did this... how many of you would want some???
tongue.png
tongue.png

maybe... just maybe I can ask to bend the rules a bit
tongue.png

It isn't a county rule its a family rule! law wise i can have as many as i want... family rules...no more then 10 chickens.... i have 6... 1 rooster 5 hens... family rules also no more then 1 roo...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom