My duck dislocated her leg

SharkNewt

Chirping
Jul 21, 2021
So, the title is basically my entire problem. I'm already out $260 and it's gonna cost a hell of a lot more. Doc says he's never done this on a duck before and will only charge for sedation, if it fails. Has anyone experienced this? Should I go to a professional, or could this possibly be done at home, like how if a person dislocates their shoulder, you can just pop it back in place, if you have the knowledge?

Have you ever set a bone before? Joint schematics are essentially the same across the board however the technique would have to be modified to accommodate a ducks skeletal structure and fragility. Even then you can set a joint, but depending on how long it's been that way the muscles will actually contour to compensate. This means that you could set the joint, but there is a chance that muscles won't be able to hold it in place and it will resort back to the prior position without some sort of therapy (usually repeated massage). Unless you have set bones before I wouldn't attempt it otherwise you have a very high risk of ripping cartilage, tendons or even breaking the leg.

Have you ever set a bone before? Joint schematics are essentially the same across the board however the technique would have to be modified to accommodate a ducks skeletal structure and fragility. Even then you can set a joint, but depending on how long it's been that way the muscles will actually contour to compensate. This means that you could set the joint, but there is a chance that muscles won't be able to hold it in place and it will resort back to the prior position without some sort of therapy (usually repeated massage). Unless you have set bones before I wouldn't attempt it otherwise you have a very high risk of ripping cartilage, tendons or even breaking the leg.
Professional it is, then.

Back
Top Bottom