my duck needs surgery !!!!

Sorry we havnt replied were all pooped out lol. Here's some post surgery pics! She's doing good ! Slowly getting her appetite back! She missed her friends, and her friends missed her so last night we had to move the other 2 in! They unfortunately still have to be separated so it's been an adventure!! Thank you for all your help through this!
2764.png

Sorry we havnt replied were all pooped out lol. Here's some post surgery pics! She's doing good ! Slowly getting her appetite back! She missed her friends, and her friends missed her so last night we had to move the other 2 in! They unfortunately still have to be separated so it's been an adventure!! Thank you for all your help through this!
2764.png
Aww great pics. I can tell you sure love your ducks what a nice set up and they can watch TV with you all. lol

Great to hear she is getting her appetite back sure looks like she isn't lacking for any loving.
2665.png
thanks for the update!!

@Kiki to Nana how is NaNa doing ? been a while.

Hi! Sorry we've been so busy havnt been on in awhile. We currently are at the hospital with Nana. She was doing well and just yesterday had a large golf ball size lump where her incision was.. She has a hernia :( they want to do emergency surgery but we have NO avain doctor available with experience in this, and no avain doctor coming in on their day off :'(

Gosh I hate to hear this. So can they postpone the surgery till one comes in that has experience? How is she holding up and how are you all holding up?

Gosh I hate to hear this. So can they postpone the surgery till one comes in that has experience? How is she holding up and how are you all holding up?
Well the doctor we seen encouraged us to let her do it but we didn't feel comfortable since she never operated on a duck.. so we've been trying to get an avain doctor to come in and do surgery and no one will come in.. so we're kind of playing the waiting game. Keeping her very calm, she's not swimming or running around. BUT she's acting completely normal and fine which is hopefully a good thing since she tends to let us know when something is wrong.
We are a mess... :(

No your not a mess maybe in a mess right now with having to wait. Hopefully soon she'll be on the mend again.:hugs

Listen not many would do go through what you all have for Nana I think it is wonderful you can.

It's hard, for sure. The real risk is that her hernia is perforated, so who knows what's beneath the hole she has, how far an infection is and if it truly runs a high risk of her going septic. We dont really stand a chance if it gets that far.

It's a risk we decided to take and hope she can pull through until someone with experience can get it done. It's unsettling at best.

Back
Top Bottom