my duckling has a bloody head that is running constantly

what should i do to stop the constant blood running from the duckling head?

• what to feed it

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • what to do

• what to stop the head from bleeding

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Unless the whole duckling is bloody or dirty, I'd keep the water away from everywhere but the wound. You don't want to make its' little body work hard to maintain heat as well as fight the injury. I also wouldn't use any soap, just yet, unless you see dirt. Dawn is used more for true baths, and oily cleanups. Blood is water soluble and water shouldn't irritate the injury any more than necessary. Once the injury is cleaned a bit, it will (hopefully) be easier to see and stem the bleeding. Do you have any antibiotic cream handy? That should help, as well.
Ducklings are very resilient. They can really surprise you with what they can put up with and fight through!
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! you just made my dad by putting hope in my heart. and i will do all that u said. also will vaseline help.?? because i don’t have any antabiotic cream

thank you so much. i will try to wash him and use cornstarch and put a clean cloth on it after. And sadly the mother came back but left and didn’t want it anymore. because the eyes aren’t opened yet and still blood running. And another question... will using dawn in the bath infect the wound?
Your use of Dawn didn't do any harm, so don't fret over that.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! you just made my dad by putting hope in my heart. and i will do all that u said. also will vaseline help.?? because i don’t have any antabiotic cream
:welcome
If you post your problem in the "emergencies, injuries, and sickness" (I know that isn't the official name but I really can't remember what it is called, sorry) forum you will get many more replies.
X 10!!
And Vaseline will work, but a wound cream would be better. Use the Vaseline sparingly, as it can be very hard to get through if you need to put something else on the wound. You don't need a special cream for poultry or even for pets. Any over-the-counter cream you would use on yourself would be fine.
How is your baby behaving at the moment? Is it active, peeping, alert at all?

one thing to remember once a wound is cleaned, and antibiotic applied without pain killer or use some hibiclens or betadine, if you don't have stypix you can use corn starch or flour to stop the bleeding which usually everyone has one or the other or even both.

You need to keep the baby warmed, Do you have a brooder you could set up?
Hydrated and you can feed i believe chick starter that is not medicated.

Tagging some experts here to help out in case I missed anything.
@Miss Lydia
@WVduckchick
@casportpony

Back
Top Bottom